pzi123's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2024 12:37 AM

xfinity phone app port forwarding does not work

I use openvpn (default udp:1194) on my standard Xfinity router to forward to my internal routers with openvpn service.  When I set it up on my phone the settings on the Xfiinity router will not take effect for hours. After some unspecified time it will suddenly start working with no changes to related equipment - source and destination openvpn routers behind Xfinity routers.  I assume that my phone app does not make changes on my router as far as setting up port forwarding directly but sets up some batch job in xfinity infrastructure to set it up eventually. Does anyone know if there is a way to give Xfinity a prod to do it now.

Official Employee

• 

518 Messages

3 months ago

@pzi123  Using the Xfinity app is the recommended experience, but the Advanced Security does review everything to ensure the home and people are safe online. Reboot the modem and make sure everything is fully updated. You can also use your own compatible modem and router. That will allow you to expose the network ar your risk, and at your convenience with the router tools. Use https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth to verify what devices are compatible. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here