CJ

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 17th, 2023 4:25 PM

Closed

Xfinity IOS app kill cell battery

The app is like a virus, that drains the phone battery even if you opened just a minute this app keeps running in the background, I already disable the "Background App Refresh" permission, and that doesn't solve the problem.

THIS IS A TECH COMPANY!!! and they know about this problem months ago, and all they do was give some recommendations and CLOSE the discussion, this is a shame, every time I have to use that damm app, I have obligated to reset the phone because the heat kills it. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I 100% agree with this statement!! I am beyond frustrated, I have turned off background app refresh and this has not solved the issue. The battery usage by app list "Xfinity Background Activity 59% 4hr 10m backgd" 

HELP please, my battery is dead by 12:00 CST after charging all night long. Your app is killing my battery as stated in the previous comment. 

I was contemplating on switching back to xfinity stream, BUT due to this app issue I am reconsidering. I cannot download this app on our mobile devices and use it for any amount of time without it continuing to run in the background. And yes I am closing out the app after use. PLEASE fix this bug in your app!

1 Message

1 year ago

Same thing happened on my iPhone 11 and now on my new iPhone 14 Pro, it not the phone it is the App!

Simple solution until they finally fix this: After closing any app you were using, On the iPhone, put your thumb at the bottom of the screen, just above where you slide up to close the app and slide your thumb up to about the middle of the screen, you will then see your preciously used apps, which are still running in the background. Now one by one, flick them up and off the screen. Do this for all of them every day or so, but especially if you just used this terrible app from Xfinity. This is the only thing, short of restarting your phone, that will stop it from using up your battery. If you remember to do this every time it will not kill you battery. Then you will have plenty of battery left to call customer service to ask them to fix their terrible app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here