U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 9:29 PM

Xfinity Hotspot

Xfinity hotspot feature will not work on my phone app or on my computer. I have no access to XFINITY or xfinitywifi, I immediately get kicked off when this is wifi is chosen. Error message on my phone app states "Installation Failed, We're sorry there was a problem installing the Secure Profile."

Responses

Official Employee

• 

156 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_d35872. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Forums. I can certainly understand the frustration of experiencing issues connecting to the Xfinity Hotspot. 

Are you trying to connect to the hotspot with your Xfinity login? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

There's never a prompt to log in. It shows I connect to xfinitywifi/Xfinity but then I have no internet service.

Official Employee

• 

156 Messages

@user_d35872, sounds like that's where the issue is. Please try these steps:

1. Using your WiFi-enabled device, connect to the Xfinity WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and launch your browser.
2. The browser will redirect you to the Xfinity WiFi sign-in page. If you don't see the sign-in page, enter a different URL, like https://comca.st/3kRXf4U, in your browser to be redirected to our sign-in page.
3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password and register your device.
(You can use your primary or secondary username and password to sign in.)

**Note**: Once you've signed in and registered your device, you may be prompted to install the Xfinity WiFi secure profile, which enables you to take advantage of enhanced security features at many hotspot locations. The installation process varies by operating system, so please follow the on-screen prompts.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here