U

Tuesday, September 10th, 2024 5:04 PM

Xfinity Home

Recently my Xfinity Home application won't allow me to use it. When I open the app it tells me "Your home monitoring has moved to the Xfinity app. The Xfinity Home app no longer supports Self Protection. Switch to the Xfinity app to continue enjoying your service plus even more features like motion notifications and 2-way audio." then has a link to "Open the Xfinity app". Fair enough I open the Xfinity app and I see my cameras but I no longer can control the alarm system remotely. I no longer receive notifications from the cameras. This has essentially made a very expensive service unusable and untenable. I will be requesting a full refund for the equipment and services if this can't be resolved.

I am currently running the following.

Home app - Version 12.26.0

Xfinity app - Version 5.32.0-6

Phone - Samsung Model SM-S906U

One UI 6.1

Android 14

Kernel 5.10.198-android12-9-28575149-abS906USQS6EXG8#1

Service provided software SAOMC-SM-906U-OYN-VZW_14_0014VZW/VZW,VZW/VZW

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

24 days ago

Hello @user_dqhcvt! Thanks so much for reaching out to us on our Xfinity Forums for help with the Xfinity self-protection services. I'm sorry that the change over to the new app is causing this many issues with your control and notification options. It's crucial that you have this access to ensure your home is safe. It will be my pleasure to help out!

It may be a simple setting that is causing the notifications to not process. If you check your system app notification settings within the samsung phone, are notifications on the Xfinity app enabled? 

3 Messages

23 days ago

So you think not getting notifications is the problem? Nothing to do with the Xfinitt app or my inability to use the Home app? Just the notifications, weird. 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

What sort of control are you now missing when moving from the Xfinity Home app to the Xfinity app with self-protection? Have you had the chance to review our article on how to turn on notifications for the cameras? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

My question and my concern have not been answered. The supplied answers are not even remotely helpful. There is no such thing as viewing the cameras or turning the alarm off in my xfinity app. All that functionality used to be in the Home app but now the Home app directs me to the xfinity app that doesn't do anything or allow me to view anything. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon and happy Thursday @user_dqhcvt, we hope you are having a fantastic Thursday so far and appreciate your response. I understand your frustrations and are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Home features on the XFINITY app. Rest assured, we definitely want to help the best we can. With the XFINITY app you should still be able to access Xfinity Camera settings view live and recorded videos, are you currently not seeing that option? You can view our XFINITY app features here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. May I also confirm if the app is up-to-date? We are happy to run through some troubleshooting steps if these features are not working for you. 

- Alyssa

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here