L

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 10th, 2022 5:01 PM

Closed

xfinity app - you're already signed in - Solution for the infinite sign-in loop

This solution is based on the previous post: ‎Fixing login infinite loop | Xfinity Community Forum

Now is Sept 2022, 10 months later. Besides phone number, it seems it's also needed to link the SSN to get out of the sign-in loop and move forward.

Besides using the link in the post, you can also link your phone number and SSN using the following link

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts

Background:
I am a new user to xfinity and try to activate my service on the APP.
I got stuck in the log-in loop for a few hours.
By linking both the phone number and the SSN, I am finally able to jump out of the loop, enter the APP and activate my service.
(Even though I've input this info when registered my account, the "link account" process is needed to avoid the loop)
It's so annoying that I wait on the phone for 30 mins, then the customer representative just sent me to another automatic reply. 
I hope this helps those who also get stuck in the loop.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It's unreal that they allow such an oversight in their app. No info. Nothing. Just a broken infinite loop 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am a little confused. I am a new customer and I created an account using my phone number and that means no accounts have been associated with my SSN. How can I link my account to my SSN? I followed your step and what I can only find is the account I already have with my phone number and nothing has changed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_02594e​ 

This linking account process is only for those get stuck and cannot log into the APP as reference.

If you don't have the issue, you don't need to worry about it. 

If you have the issue:

When you are on this page, what do you see?

Let's Find Your Account (xfinity.com)

Since you registered with phone number, I think you just need to link your SSN as picture below shows.

After that nothing really changes, you will still see only one account number.

But now you are able to log in with your SSN, and will not get stuck in the login loop.

I hope it helps, but if it does not work, it may just be better to contact customer service.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_02594e Hello and thank you for reaching out to your Xfinity social media team here on Facebook. I hope your Saturday and weekend are going great, aside from these account issues you are experiencing of course. You have definitely reached the right place, and I would be more than happy to assist you in getting your account information updated as needed, no problem at all! Anything we can do to help a valued member of our Xfinity family! To get started, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here