U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 12:23 AM

Xfinity App Support for IOS 15.x

I can no longer use the Xfinity app because the latest version requires IOS 16.x.  Both IOS 15 and 16 are still supported, yet there is no no way for me to manage my devices.  Can't do it via browser login, can't use app, and can't do it as a gateway admin user.  Does Xfinity plan to continue to block out customers with older, yet supported, devices?  Can you at least provide a web interface to perform necessary actions?

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

3 months ago

@user_tg60ai  The devices are not blocked, rather the manufacturer is no longer updating the device. Devices that are not updated, present a risk to any network as they can be breached or used to cause damage/theft online. Devices that are no longer supported by their makers, are exposed to malware and attacks without any protection. For that case, platforms may prevent such devices from connecting until they are updated securely. We suggest getting a new mobile device to manage your settings easily with the Xfinity app. It can be a phone or tablet that will be supported by the manufacturer for a long time. Customers can also sign in to their accounts and manage their service online. Use the page here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-manage-profiles to see the details and sign in with the link in the top right of the page. 

2 Messages

Don't care about word salad related to supported devices.  IOS 15 is still supported by Apple.  Forget for a moment the lack of mobile app support.  You say that customers can sign into their accounts and manage their services online, yet you supply a link that talks about the app.  So, to make it simple, please supply the link where a customer can manage devices connected to the network (like pause a device) via web application.  Either that, or state that people who do not have a working mobile app are screwed.  To suggest customers buy new devices is disingenuous.  Anything a customer can do with a mobile app should be able to be performed via computer with a web app.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here