U

Monday, July 31st, 2023 8:51 PM

Closed

Xfinity App Shows Xfinity Gateway Offline Despite My Having an Active Internet Connection

The xfinity app shows my xfinity gateway as being offline when in fact I have a very good internet connection and signal.  As a result, I cannot see if my xfi pods are connected properly.  They are no longer working.  I have spent many hours on this matter with xfinity tech support on the phone, in person at my home at an xfinity store.  Please help!  I need the xfi pods to ensure my wifi signal can reach my office in a remote part of my house.  

1 Message

10 months ago

I am currently having the same problem 

4 Messages

@Husam-​ Same question was asked in another post....but the answer was not made public..... the person posting the question was advised to private message xfinity support.  I have spent hours on this to no avail.  But If I find out, I will notify you too.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Same problem. Started after installing replacement xfi gateway. Have deleted app and reinstalled. New app version noted today 5.4.1, seemed to work properly fora minute, then the network offline window came on. Xfinity customer service useless as usual.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Update. the other day, after deleting and reinstalling the app, it seemed to work properly, but only for a minute or so, before the offline window came back. During that time I was able to check some of the app functionality and noted the info on my gateway id was not correct! It still showed the old gateway which had been replaced and returned. It appears that the app does not synch up with the new gateway, even tho my internet is working just fine. very confusing. Wondering if others experiencing this phantom network offline window have also recently replaced a gateway/modem?

4 Messages

Yes, I did replaced the old xfinity gateway with a new xfinity gateway.  I too believe that the app is not recognizing the new one.  I've tried calling customer service, having a technician out, and taking the problem to an xfinity store to no avail.  My internet is working fine, but I cannot access the xfi pods with through the app - which is the ONLY way to install, uninstall them.  Very frustrating.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Good afternoon, @user_cecf94 and thread. Thank you for letting us know that the Xfinity app does not seem to be showing the new gateway and affecting the xFi Pods. I have seen this happen before. In some instances, there is more than one modem still listed on the account so the app is picking up the wrong one. We get all modems removed except the active one and it fixes the problem. In other instances, we have to put in a ticket to our app team to have this fixed.

I would be happy to take a look so we can get things working once again. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

5 months ago

I am not seeing a way to direct message and am having a similar issue. I believe it is because I recently returned/replaced the setbox and the wrong one got removed from my account, or the old one didn't get removed. Thus every time something syncs it tries to locate the old one. We have to unplug the modem for 10 seconds and then plug it back it to get things to work again. The weird thing is that trying to sign into my account online doesn't work either, until unplugged/replugged, unless I am going through my VPN. 

1 Message

I am having this same exact problem. I have been on many calls with Xfinity to no avail. This is clearly a bug in their software that needs to get fixed asap. I need to set up parental controls and cannot do without the app. Very frustrating! 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_g5mo4e. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use our Xfinity App to set up parental controls. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here