W

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 5:55 PM

XFinity App Seems to be locked in a setup loop.

Okay, so I just received my X1 and Flex, and downloaded the app when instructed to activate the Flex.   It activated easily and is running great.  Many devices connected now, so the app says "Continue to Xfinity"  when I tap that, it takes me back to the beginning of activating my device.   I re-did it twice, no problems, and it just keeps looping.

I was very disappointed that there was no support.  Does anyone else have this problem?  What can I do to fix it?   I'm getting notifications from the app, and I want to see what the app can do, but if I was to start it right now, it would just want to activate the Flex again.

Responses

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Yep, just tried it again.  After clicking "Continue to Xfinity" it just says Time to Get Your New Gateway Up and Running! -Get started.  Starting the whole thing over again.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Okay looks like I fixed it.  Had to reinstall the app.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

Hi, WillArtist. We are very glad to hear you were able to rectify the issue by reinstalling the app. Thank you for posting your resolution! Do you have any additional questions/concerns, is there anything else we can help with or take care of- outside of the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here