U

Monday, November 27th, 2023 11:46 PM

Closed

Xfinity App Only Showing 3 Icons (Overview, Services,Account) RESOLVED

Every since I went to the Xfinity store to add the MAC address for my own modem, the app has been useless every since with only limited access. Furthermore, none of the devices appear such as the cable boxes and modem. Also under services, only tv and streaming appears no internet service appear under that tab. Chat with a rep but they were useless which I requested to have the issue escalated 2 weeks ago with no response. Before an agent responds, yes I did the following: uninstalled, reinstalled the app several times. Yes the app is updated. No I did not move, yes I am using the correct login. I can no longer reboot any devices if needed from the app and have to it manually from the cable boxes and modem. This has been an inconvenience and want a resolution.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @user_3ki4ou, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Once your owned modem is activated on your account, you can use the Xfinity app to:

• See your modem name and online/offline status.
  • View payment details.
  • Access Xfinity Assistant for account concerns.
  • Run speed tests to the device you're using.
  • Restart your modem.
Are you able to do all these things?

6 Messages

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I chatted with an online representative 2-3 weeks ago which they had to add my own modem manually because it would not accept the CM MAC in the app. The rep had already activated my purchased own modem without issue and but does not explain the issue as to why I am only seeing 3 tabs. Also the rep sent me the order confirmation after the activation. The purchased modem has been rebooted several times. I've seen other forums that users reported the same issue only seeing the 3 tabs Overview, Services, Account. How can I get this resolved?

Official Employee

• 

532 Messages

@user_3ki4ou Third party modems don't provide as much detail to the app, as an Xfinity modem does. That said, you can still review your account services and its features on the app anytime you need. Ensure you have the primary username with this https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup?execution=e2s1 tool. What you describe can happen when someone is using a secondary username. Remember, the app and online portal will not update real time after service or equipment changes. They will do so after the following statement is generated. Then you will see the app and online features updated successfully. If you're using the primary username after confirming it using the tool, then kindly wait until the next cycle to see the app and portal update the equipment and services. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Hello,

My issue is still not resolved and now insulting my intelligence. My original statement said THE CORRECT USERNAME IS BEING USED and NO not a secondary username. Today I received my generated statement and the app has NOT updated. NONE of the connected devices are not appearing in the app CABLE BOXES or MODEM. None of the resolutions provided are not working. This is still an issue and have yet to receive an acceptable resolution. This is getting frustrating because I feel that I have to keep repeating myself and no one is reading or listening to what I am saying. Also find this insulting to me because I work in IT. I will continue to post until this issue gets resolves or until I can find the right person to help me. Below is what I am still seeing Overview, services, account and know there should be more tabs. As you can see no internet service is listed. Before responding, DO NOT ASK to uninstall, reinstall, update the app, check the username is correct because THIS HAS BEEN DONE.  

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

@user_3ki4ou​ Hi there. I work on the app directly and can help you with this issue. It may be easier if I grab 10 minutes of your time to see how we can resolve this as fast as possible.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

@XfinityDanielD​ 

Finally a possible resolution that makes sense. I can make time for 10 minutes. Please let me know when so I can make myself available. Thank you

6 Messages

9 months ago

I was able to get the issue resolved by Dan. He was the only person on this forum that understood my issue. He had to help me activate the modem a second time even though my modem was already activated by an agent manually and all the tabs reappeared. All of the responses given were incorrect and insulting to my intelligence because I work in IT. I spoke with him personally and located here in the US which made the difference he completely saw what the issue was immediately. To anyone that has the same issue that has a 3rd party modem and had a rep add your MAC address manually, it does not sync with the system right away. Also if you have replaced your modem, it will recognize your old modem which is why only 3 tabs is showing in the app. The statement that if you have a 3rd party modem you have limited access to the app is FALSE and do not believe the agent that is telling you that information. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for sharing your experience and what fixed the issue. @user_3ki4ou. We always want to help in the best possible way and will share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that the app is working as it should now! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here