B

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2023 1:53 AM

Closed

XFINITY App not showing menu at the buttom.

I am having the same issue as many unsatisfied Xfinity customers. I go to forward my ports on XFI modem/router, and I'm directed to install the Xfinity app (purple app with white 'X'). After installing the app on my Sumsung S22 and logging in, it is missing all the menu buttons at the bottom. I've been on the phone and chat with Xfinity support for 2 days. Nobody knows what to do, or even know what port forwarding is. My case has been escalated to Level 3 support, but the never call back when they say they will and have blown me off twice already. I'm waiting for a call back now, expecting to be blown off a third. They have 1 hour left.

There is suppost to be overview and connect buttons like shown below.

Here is what my app looks like. It's missing buttons at the bottom.
Xfinity please fix this!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

UPDATE: Still never received a call back from Xfinity support. I gave up on the app. Here is my recommendation. Have Xfinity put your modem in bridge mode and buy a Netgear router (or similar). I pay for Netgear's Gear Head support through Netgear and they have been knowledgeable and helpful. Level 1 techs or more helpful UL than Xfinity Level 3 techs.

Option 2: Go with a different service provider all together. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same problem. My wife's phone is also having the same problem. We both have iPhones. Anybody have a clue what to do? I see several threads about this over the course of several months. Nobody seems to have found a solution.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity support was horrid to work with. After days working with support I finally gave up. I had them send a tech, replace the modem and had them put it in bridge mode (turns the wifi off on the modem) and use my existing Netgear router for wifi. I'd recommend buying a Netgear router or similar if you dont have one and just have Xfinity put your modem in bridge mode and use a third party router for your Wifi. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here