T

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 4:55 PM

Xfinity app not letting me log in

So i am a new customer. I went to set up my modem and use the app, and i cant get in! 

I can log in online on any browser or using my phones safari or chrome. I know i am putting my information in correctly cause i can log in online every single time without issue. 

But when i navigate to the application to put in the same information, it starts to log me in ( i get my 2 factor code) but then loops back to the sign in screen every single time. If i press sign in again, it says you are already signed in as : and my username, and when i hit sign in again, it loops back to the main screen where i have to press sign in. 

Ive tried using a friends app, and the same thing happens. I let them use my phone and they can get in without issue. 

Ive uninstalled the app more times than i can count. 

Disabled cookies in my settings, and re-enabled them 

Cleared cache and browser data on my device 

Reset my network. Just about everything but restore my device..

Ive been prompted to change my password more times than i care for, and I'm running out of passwords. 

I can confidently say that its not my issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 days ago

Hello, @TheRealEOC29

The account may be compromised by too many password change attempts along with not having a backup email or phone number on file. You may need to contact our Security Assurance team https://internet-security-site-web.ho-g3.cf.comcast.net/help/report-abuse to get this cleared up.

4 Messages

I have talked to that team multiple times, only for them to tell me it an "internet department" issue. 

And how could it have been "too many passwords" if i haven't been able to log into the app since creation of the account?? 

I do have a back up number and email on profile.. Talking to that team put me 2 steps backwards, and if it was about that, wouldn't they catch it.? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

My apologies @TheRealEOC29

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here