U

Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 3:54 PM

Closed

Xfinity app missing the Services, WiFi, and Security tabs after I had to swap out damaged XB8 modem for XB7 modem

UPDATE: The issue was resolved as of 8/9/2023, I have no idea what the fix was, but if anyone else is having this issue, I would recommend submitting a post here instead of chatting with support from the Xfinity assistant. I was told this had to be escalated to the engineering team yesterday. This morning I looked back at the app and everything was back where it should be

Hey everyone, 

I have the latest version of the Xfinity app. Yesterday, I had to go to the Xfinity store to swap out my XB8 Modem for an XB7 modem, as it died the day before. I set the XB7 modem up on the app, and everything went well. The name of my XB8 Modem was "XXXXXX WiFi", but the XB7 would only allow me to name it "XXXXXX" saying that a space was an illegal character. 

Then all of a sudden, the Services, WiFi, and Security tabs on the app went missing. My profile on the website is also acting strange, saying that I am not an XFi complete member even though I am a member through June 2024. My XFi pod is also acting like it will not connect, and is not even showing up in my account anymore. It is only saying I have the one modem. 

This is driving me crazy as I can no longer control my wifi settings or even pause devices that are on the network. 

Has this happened to anyone here before? If so, what ended up fixing it? 

Note: I did NOT put it into bridge mode, I have seen earlier posts where it happened to people who did that

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hey @user_bad9eb thank you so much for visiting our forums and checking other posts for help with this issue. This is definitely strange and we can check your profile and settings on our end. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ Thank you, I have sent those details via direct message

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having a similar issue. The app is just a chat bot now, all other features (besides the spammy pop-ups for the useless rewards program) are missing.

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having these exact same issues as well! The app is almost useless when missing these tabs and you can't do everything online anymore.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hello @pete.gales I am sorry you feel that you aren't able to complete things online especially with the app. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do so that I can assist? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the  same problem and it is driving me crazy. So far NO ONE at xfinity has an answer for this. It is a major problem.

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same issue - only Overview, Services and Account showing at bottom of XFi App. I just upgraded my modem to the one with faster upload speeds based on an email I got from Xfnity saying it was available a no cost. (Yes, the faster upoad speeds ARE fast!)

I went to follow the Private Message solution provided here by XfinityEVA but there is no Chat Square at the top right of this screen, so no ability to send a PM. Only the Notification Bell and a User button that offers no PM options. 

I uninstalled the Xfinity app, restarted my phone (Android) and re-installed the Xfinity app. Just to be safe I restarted the phone again. Still the same, missing Wifi and Security tabs (I had them before this Xfnity modem upgrade).

Any thoughts here?

2 Messages

Just FYI shortly after posting this the Chat Square I can use for sending a Private Message appeared. So I sent a PM and will report the results here.

1 Message

10 months ago

I am having the same issue - only Overview and Accounts are showing at the bottom of the Xfi app. I am connected to the internet on the network I had set up previously.

I went to follow the Private Message solution provided here by XfinityEVA but there is no Chat Square at the top right of this screen, so no ability to send a PM. Only the Notification Bell and a User button that offers no PM options. 

I uninstalled the Xfinity app, restarted my phone, and re-installed the Xfinity app but still the same, missing Wifi and Security tabs (I had them a week ago). I have NOT updated my router recently - these tabs just disappeared out of the blue.

Please help!

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_bad9eb! Thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us and I definitely know the importance of having the Xfinity app fully and properly working on your end. I am sorry to hear that the Wi-Fi and Security tabs are missing on your end as well. We definitely want to get this corrected for you. 

Please note that sending unsolicited direct messages to myself or any other user is a violation of our forum guidelines. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast-verified employee responds to you and asks for a direct message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads-up for future reference, but my team looks forward to further assisting you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

@user_bad9eb, it was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted we were able to get those Xfinity app features (tabs) working again on your end.

By performing an account refresh, rebooting the modem, having you uninstall then reinstall the Xfinity app, and restarting your mobile device, that appeared to have fixed the issue on your end. 

Please be sure to create a New Public post for any future needs/concerns. We're here to support you, and thanks for being the best part of Xfinity. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here