dxelite's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 3:32 PM

Closed

xfinity app long load times

Running the latest xfinity app version on the latest Android version on Galaxy S10+.

After the Apr. 26 update the xfinity app takes a couple minutes to load the home screen with the 3 dots animating. Then another couple minutes to load any of the connection, people, & account pages. At first I thought it might be server side issues but the problem is still occurring a week later.

I reinstalled the app for the 3rd time today & it's been the same every time. The experience is worse because it takes about 5 minutes to just sign in. After it finally signs in it's the same problem with long load times. A couple times it made me sign in again making the experience even worse.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Note I have not tried the xfinity app on any other phones because I'm the only one who needs the app, so I need it to work on my phone.
There's been hiccups with the app before but nothing that lasted this long. At least when the xfi website was available there was a fallback to use.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Update: While out on errands I opened the xfinity app on a whim while waiting in line and the load times were normal. I confirmed the loading times are normal at home as well when turning off the wifi and using mobile data.

Speed tests on the phone are getting max speeds while on home's wifi. So only when I'm connected to my home's wifi are the xfinity app load times so slow. I don't understand why it's so slow only when on the home wifi.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@dxelite Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Forum team. That is really odd that you are only seeing a slow load time when connected to your Wi-Fi. Do you have any other mobile devices in the home to test on? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here