R444's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 4:57 PM

Closed

xfinity app issue

I don't understand why managing services will no longer be supported on the web site. If people do not have a smart phone what are they supposed to do?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, you are still able to do that on the website! Sorry if there was any confusion, we are just consolidating our apps into one now but the website is not losing functionality.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ 

Thanks for your reply.

On website it states that my account is going away. Also, while it is still functional, you can not manage WiFi, activate advanced security and other needed functions. What you can do is of course, PAY a bill or BUY or add new products. pushing xfinity app, which I can't use, and cutting website management functions are poor decisions. so now what?

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

You would be able to do those other functions in the Xfinity app. Please download that and let me know what you think. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I don't have a smartphone, and not getting one, and can't use the xfinity app.  I'm sure there are many customers without access to this app. Why cut support functions from the web site?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

I know how frustrating this may be, and I will be sure to pass along the feedback regarding cutting these support options out. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

This is rather important to many Xfinity users. Hope you will follow up and pass this on and they take it seriously.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the most recent version of the app, and can inform you that it is as bare as the website. No wifi management, connections settings, parental controls, etc. Simply just a way to pay your bill and that's it.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_25c819​  Thanks for the reply. Thought this xfinity app was supposed to do 'everything' especially PAY bills and BUY more services. Of course have not received an answer regarding this.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

@R444 wrote: "... On website it states that my account is going away. ..."

Note that only the My Account app on mobile devices is being dropped, not the My Account web pages. The exact message on the My Account pages is: "The My Account app is going away soon".

Although you never know. Last year, despite much protest, they took away the "xFi" website. https://internet.xfinity.com/ is now just a one page ad for the grossly crippled, much less capable one-size-fits-all-if-you-have-a-smartphone-or-tablet Xfinity app.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

1 year ago

I would like to give my opinion of the Xfinity app and the fact that My Account app went away along with the Authenicator app. This was a mistake. I can no longer see if there is an outage in my area. I was out of town for four days and repeatedly had problems connecting to the Home app. Now that I’m back home, two of our cable boxes don’t work. We’ve restarted and refreshed  too many times and still nothing. Chat is terrible as the queue is too long. I called and got a tech who was able to verify an outage, send a signal and verify that the boxes still are not working. A tech is coming to my home tomorrow. My point is that the consolidation of the apps made the self help even harder for customers and more confusing. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here