P

Friday, December 1st, 2023 12:35 AM

Closed

Xfinity App [Edited]

I turned on to use push notifications. Keeps saying disconnected and when I swype away it then alerts me several times as it comes back.

Also, Alerts me of the same "new" devices joining my network for days even after adding them to a group.

Freezes after opening while tapping on a notification for an action.

No pc app anymore to troubleshoot home network so we have to forcefully deal with this garbage app. 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

8 months ago

@PR1083 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any question

2 Messages

I have reached out to support. I spend 15 minutes doing the xfinity assistant round about since it's clueless on this subject. I even searched articles on xfinity. Eventually, nearly an hour in I found a number to call. 

No, resolution. Support just asked me to remove my number from two factor and set it up to email.  The same issue continues. 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

You can find instructions here for setting up your 2-factor-authentication. If you need assistance please send us a private message, so we can help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Find a solution? Having the same issue with the "disconnected" notification reappearing over and over

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @Cornbin

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@Cornbin​ I'm curious as well since I am having the same notification spam that just says disconnected and getting the new device notifications of devices that have been on my network for a few years. It's really annoying.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @user_xaj1xy, I am sorry to hear that you have been this issue with your notifications. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here