DRS229's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 2:59 PM

Xfinity App doesn't display connected devices

The Xfinity App is only displaying 1 connected device, my TV set top box that is connected via one side of a cable Y adapter.  In from wall Y's out to Router and TV.  I have at least 20 other devices connected to our wi-fi, including the computer I am now typing on.  None of these show up as connected and the app can't even tell when they last connected.  Don't advertise your security if you can't even get this basic function working.  I have a brand new router.  I have recycled it multiple times.  I have told it to forget devices and nothing is working.  Get your app working or stop advertising it.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section for assistance.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Hello EG.  What are the chances that this issue that seems to have been reported several years ago, ever gets addressed?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone with no change.

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, @DRS229. When you mentioned you're using a brand new router, is this a device you've purchased or one of our Xfinity Wireless Gateways? The Xfinity app is not able to detect devices connected through customer-owned equipment. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

It is the latest model router from Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

I'm guessing by the silence that either 1) Xfinity doesn't actively monitor this forum.  2) Xfinity has no idea how to fix their app.  3) Xfinity doesn't care.  I suppose it could actually be all 3.  @XfinityBradM have you any idea what is going on?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

DRS229 my apologies for the delayed response. Is it an XB8 device? You can check our Xfinity Gateways HERE. Have you tried manually rebooting the modem? Or through our Xfinity App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here