U

Monday, May 6th, 2024 11:04 PM

Xfinity app does not show gateway or devices

My xfinity app does not show my gateway device or any of my devices despite my internet being active and working fine. I’ve been on about 4 different chat sessions doing all of the usual resets, sign out then back in, delete then re-download the app and nothing has worked. I have seen posts from over a year ago of other people having the same issue so why does Xfinity still not have a fix for this that doesn’t require spending all day talking to tech support. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

12 days ago

user_hs83j6 Thanks for reaching out! Your Xfinity user ID may not be linked correctly to your Xfinity account, and location. Did you recently transfer your services from one location to another? 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ No I did not recently transfer. I connected a personal modem that I considered using but changed my mind and re-connected my Xfi modem in the app. Now the Motorola modem is the only one showing in the app and there’s no way for me to delete it. Customer service states my xfi modem is active and it is working fine but I cannot see it.

Official Employee

• 

979 Messages

user_hs83j6

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

same issue except comcast sent me two modems and i had to return one. when i set up the first one it worked and showed up for 24 hours. now it says to activate equipment.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @LordBracht! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with a recent modem swap, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here