U

Friday, September 1st, 2023 2:00 PM

Closed

XFINITY app crashes when dashboard loads.

When I launch the Xfinity app to check my home network the Xfinity app crashes as soon as the dashboard loads.

Samsung S21FE

Android 13

Xfinity app v.5.6.1.20230825220109

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem. Every time I open it up it Immediately crashes. Keep telling me that there is a bug and to wait for an update. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_dae113  and @user_22fcc9 are you still experiencing issues with the Xfinity app? Have you tried to uninstall and install again? If so, can you please let us know what you have tried if you are still experiencing issues. 

It is also recommended to reset your password, which you can also do through the xfinity.com/password anytime. 

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ having same issue. It has been days. The app won't open. Reloaded the app, restarted, full shutdown, sent crash reports.

2 Messages

@XfinityEva​ I. Have removed the app re installed it. I have reset my phone, even did a full factory reset. Sent crash report. As soon as it opens it says it has a bug and to wait for update. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_22fcc9 Sorry to hear the troubleshooting has not worked. As of 7/27/23 the minimum requirements for devices is Android 7.1 or higher with a pixel density of HDPI (high) and XHDPI (extra high). On devices with larger screens, MPDI (medium) pixel density is also supported. Therefore, you should be okay. Do you have a different device you can confirm this on? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_67cf65 have you checked to make sure your device is up-to-date?  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here for days now. Reloaded app, restarted phone, full restarted phone. Sent crash reports. Wifi has issues and can't do anything about it from website.

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same problem with the  Xfinity Hotspot app.  I have had the app on every IPhone I’ve had since 2014.  I wanted to check how the device lost because I have had devices I dis not know using my WiFi in the past but I can’t even open the hotspot app anymore.  I’ve tried everything that everyone else has.  I even recently upgraded to the iPhone 14 pro max and the app still crashed immediately upon trying to open it.  I am now wondering if this all began when I upgraded from the modem that Xfinity give you to a Motorola.  I’m headed home to go switch my modem back to see if that is what the problem had been.  It seems like nobody can get an answer or fix from Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_x802kz! The Xfinity Hotspot app is great because it allows you to stay connected on the go with access to millions of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide. Have you downloaded the latest version from the Apple Store here

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here