Rick_09357's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, November 24th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfi Shows Gateway Offline, but WiFi Working Properly

The XFi app usually shows a list of my Pods and what devices are connected to which Pods/Gateway.  Yesterday, the XFi app started displaying: "Your Gateway may be offline", but my WiFi was working properly.  Is there some problem with the XFi app?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Rick_Bradenton and others affected by the issue with the xFi app functionality. We appreciate you all for sharing your experiences and what you see when trying to access the app. I wanted to let you know that we have identified a cause for this. Multiple agent-facing and some tech- and customer-facing tools and applications are being impacted due to a third-party issue. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we’re working as quickly as possible to restore functionality. 

In the meantime, please try deleting the app data and cache and try again. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

Mine too, Minneapolis, MN. Not on the App but website online Xfi icon link.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine’s been doing the same, in the Seattle/Tacoma area. App is updated, and internet is working great. Same “Gateway may be offline” message.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine has been doing the same on the app and website, since yesterday.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

Still the same in Minneapolis. Don't want to reboot the modem as everything is working great with very good speeds, two college kids need online and I need it for work. Will give it a few days see what happens.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Mine has been doing the exact same thing. Any updates from the provider?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

When I go to Xfinity/My Account/Devices, I get the same problem - error message: "We can't connect to your device".  The first thing you are told to do is reboot the Gateway.   My Internet services were working fine, but I rebooted anyway.  The Internet services returned after the reboot was finished, but the same problems remain with XFi and Xfinity/My Account showing they cannot connect to the Gateway.  With so many of us having the same issue, the problem is clearly on the Comcast side.  I suppose eventually they will get around to fixing it.  At least all the Internet services are working.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

My issue only happens when I click on the Xfi icon on my desktop web site. If I go to account, devices, status center it shows "everything looks good" and internet and voice ARE connected. So you it appears to be something on thier end of the Xfi service icon link.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the reply, please note this is occurring on web site access as well via desk top computer on the Xfi link icon.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is there any update on this issue? I'm trying to set up Port Forwarding and the admin tool will not allow me to do so, it just redirects to the xFi page and tells me my Gateway is offline, while my network and internet are working fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still nothing from Comcast? Guess they aren’t working this holiday weekend to resolve the issue.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

4 years ago

Mine appears to now be working properly, on the website side, I do not use the app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Me too! My xfinity app is hosed. I cannot get to anything on the xfinity app. This message pops up and the only options are to see my WiFi name and password or to hit “Help me fix this”. The WiFi link shows my WiFi and password (which in itself is bothersome). And Help me fix this takes me to three blinking dots that go in forever.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. When do you expect to fix it? Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?