e28_guy_Joel's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

xFi pods showing as online, nothing connecting to them

Hi, I have had my 3 xfi pods set up for about 6 months now and I can go into the xfi app and they say that they are online but none of my devices are connected to them. In my room I have my computer that I use for gaming and I have my Xfi pod in the open on a wall outlet that is completely free from obstructions from the pod to my computer. Also when I have my phone up here, it doesnt connect to the pod but rather the gateway. I feel these things dont really help since my wifi speeds have been the same for ever now and are starting to get slower and slower.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the xFi pods. I know the xFi pods come three to a pack, but some homes do not need all three.  May I suggest that you unplug the xFi pods, (if you have an external router you will want to unplug that as well) then unplug the modem for about 30 seconds. Once you plug your modem back in, let it come all the way back up.  (If you have an external router you will want to plug that in next and wait for it to come all the way up.)

Then begin to plug in the xFi pods one at a time (until they turn white). You may find that you do not need all three- and maybe need to reposition the pods.

I hope this information is helpful. If it does not help, please let us know.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is a horrible answer. Why would too much coverage cause things to default to the gateway? I have this exact same issue, and I know my pods aren't too close to each other. Everything connects to the gateway by default. Even restarting the gateway and the pods doesn't help. It would be better if when connecting, we could choose which pod manually, or allow it to 'roam' dynamically. If I can't get these pods to work again, I will have to try and return them.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here