jdouros's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 10th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

xFi pause device defeated by disconnecting and re-connecting wifi

Issue: When a device is paused through Parental Controls, if you disconnect the devices' wifi from the gateway, then reconncet it, it will allow access

Gateway Model#: CGM4140COM

Software: Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1

Steps to Reproduce

1. Pause a mobile device (tablet, phone, iOs or Android) through the xFi app
  2. Once the device is connceted to the Gateway try the interent through wifi, it will not work
  3. Turn the wifi off and then on again on the mobile device, causing it reconncet to the gateway's wifi
  4. Try the internet through the wifi connection

Expected Results 

The mobile device will not be able to connect to the internet through the gateway's wifi connection because it is paused in the xFi app

Actual Results

The mobile device can use the wifi internet even when it is paused after resetting the wifi connection.

Notes:

I have tried reserving an IP for the mobile device, and it still exhibts the same behavior. The child we are trying to restrict has figured this out and defeats the app.

Please fix this so the parental controls are working again

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue. Someone please respond with a solution...

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having this issue as well!! It’s infuriating!! There needs to be a way to manually “approve” connection to the home WiFi. I have this “approve” function on my children’s iPhones when they download an app I have to manually approve (an alert is sent to my phone).. it’s genius.... now we need this same function with xfinity!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm also having the same problem.  My daughter has figured out how to reconnect the wifi.  The only reason I found out is I paused all devices in the house so she would call me when she woke up and tried to get on to do school work.  She never called so I called her and she said she was working on the laptop.  My app showed it was supposed to be paused, but it wasn't.  It's also giving it the same IP address it shows in the app for the device, so it should block that IP from having internet.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast doesn’t care - multiple reps have failed to even recognize the problem. They just follow their scripts.

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

Year old dead thread closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here