CheriePie69's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2023 12:45 AM

Closed

xFi Gateway Offline error (even though Internet is working fine)

Like so many of the other posts here, my Xfinity xFi app is unable to see/connect to my recently installed XB8 modem, which I upgraded from the XB7 on 1/15/23. The app shows "xFi Gateway Offline" at the top of the Overview tab, and the Connect tab says "Sorry, something went wrong... we can't display your details right now".

My Internet is working fine and all devices are connected. Fortunately it pulled over my existing SSIDs and passwords from my previous setup so everything reconnected right off. However, I need to get the Xfinity app to see this device and stop looking for the XB7 which I no longer have so that I can manage my network!

I've had 3 daily sessions with tech support—2 via chat and one via phone. Each time, the agent does his troubleshooting and confirms he can see the gateway, but when he can't resolve it, creates a ticket to escalate the matter and says he'll check back with me in a few hours (he never does). In addition, these tickets that are supposed to be escalated to Tier 3 support end up getting closed without any resolution and I never get a call or message back from anyone! (The latest and greatest ticket # is CR072986529.)

Here's some additional information that may be useful:

• I went through the activation process from my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+) using the Xfinity app and it seemed to work fine, reporting success or whatever. My previous settings were brought over and everything reconnected.
  • The Xfinity My Account app (separate app) still shows both the old (XB7) and the new (XB8) modems on my account, with the inability to connect to the former.
  • When we dropped the old XB7 off at the local Xfinity store, they confirmed the device was indeed removed from our account. (Yet the My Account app still lists it top and center, right above the XB8.)
  • I *DO* get a notification on my phone from the Xfinity xFi app when it detects a new device added to my network (a new USB Ethernet dongle yesterday and an ethernet switch today) so the app is indeed "seeing" my network, just not the proper gateway to allow management.

At this point, I'm sick and tired of going through an hour of [Edited: "Language"] with Tier 1 support every day only to have them tell me they'll call me back in a few hours (they never do) and create a ticket to escalate, which also never gets followed up on and eventually gets closed without any resolution. So I'd like some options here...

I've considered going through the XB8's Activation process on the Xfinity app again, but I need to be assured that I won't lose any of my SSID and passwords. Since I have a smart home that would freak out if all my WiFi SSIDs were suddenly changed, nor can administer these settings through the web browser Admin Tool anymore, I don't want to take the chance of hanging myself out to dry.

Do I continue to wait it out for the week as someone else mentioned in another thread in the hopes that it'll resolve itself? That sounds like a lousy solution but may be the only viable one at this point. (And unfortunately there's not another provider with gigabit speeds in my area so switching ISPs isn't an option either.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

The old modem eventually dropped off after 8 days (7.5 to be exact) as another user mentioned in a different post, so things started working after that.

It was a pain in the butt that I had to wait that long—and that no one at Xfinity could resolve it for me—but after waiting it out, it resolved itself.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

2 years ago

@CheriePie69 I would like to assist you with your concerns regarding the XFi app and your new XB8. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDanielC
Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times - both on my own, and again with the agent who opened the latest (unanswered and probably closed again) ticket who had me do it while I was on the phone with him.

Just did it again prior to responding here since it's been a couple days and still no change from the above.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@CheriePie69 Thank you for the update. I would like to look into the ticket that was entered for you. Can you send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDanielC​ DM sent :)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the exact same issue; my modem has been restarted multiple times. Internet works fine. I've restarted - agent has restarted. It has been unplugged from the wall multiple times & restarted. The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled, checked for updates. I STILL have the message: xFi Gateway Offline on the app. This used to work correctly in my phone. What is going on?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I upgraded my service a couple of days ago, and they disconnected my existing modem immediately leaving me with no internet connection at all.  That's a separate issue.  After the painful experience of trying to get to an actual person, I finally got that resolved but my app is telling me my gateway is offline.  The tech I was speaking to told me it would eventually come back.  He neglected to tell me it would take days.

I get that the recommended solution is to wait a week or so, but that seems like the worst possible solution.  "Just hang in there, it will eventually start working sooner or later" does not inspire confidence.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Did you resolve your issue or do you still need help? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue and I’m an employee with the company so at least that let’s y’all know it’s not just you. 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

@Desireegulotta9 We are here and would love to help. Sorry for the ongoing troubles with your services.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here