optimistic2's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

XFi Advanced Security is blocking my website

I’m in the process of making a website for my blog. It works perfectly fine on other internet providers and on cellular data, but Comcast Advanced Security is marking it as “Phishing and other frauds” and blocking it. All online tests say everything is fine with the site, so I know it’s on Comcast’s end.

It’s a simple WordPress blog and it’s clear I’m not trying to scam anyone, so I need to get this resolved. I can turn off advanced security for my own network, but that doesn’t change the fact that it means millions of people who have Comcast still wouldn’t be able to access it. The issue is that the site is being flagged for no reason. Anshulnayar.com is the domain.

I have been on support calls for a week with little to no progres.

Please let me know who can take care of this.

Thank you in advance.

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @optimistic2 , I am sorry about your URL being flagged. I added it to the list and on the ticket with the other websites being flagged/ blocked.  Again we are sorry and doing everything we can to fix it as quickly as possible!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastJosh Getting the same issue out of the blue comcast is blocking a site we host.  https://ahn.cherwellondemand.com/cherwellclient  Please get this unblocked I have a very upset customer and would like to know how this site actually got on your list.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_47c7c2 and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Please send me a private message with your name and service address by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Then select the Xfinity Support tab to start a chat session. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I  have an established site that is being blocked as well.  It is not on any black lists and loads through other providers... just not xfinity.  Please.. how do I get it unblocked?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem with my web site back4app.io could you please help me?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJosh 

We have run an art supply store in Washington State for over 17 years.  Recently I learned that XFINITY Advanced Security is blocking our website (artfultouchonline.com) to all XFINITY customers with a warning that our site is considered a threat.

We use a simple wordpress site and do not sell any products through this URL (we only provide a link to our ecommerce store which uses a completely different URL, Server, Host, etc).  We work with local colleges and universities delivering kits to college students.  This wordpress site is normally the first point of introduction to new students every quarter.  By blocking our site with this unfounded, defamatory and slanderous messaging XFINITY is damaging a reputation we have built many years to build. 

What's even worse: we are an XFINITY Business customer ourselves; we use XFINITY internet and voice.  To turn around and then slight our good brand is a real slap in the face of our business.  I've searched the web high and low to find out how we can dispute this deragatory messaging and have not found any good leads other than this public complaint forum: is there not even a simple form that could be filled in to have these erroneous warnings removed?  Or at the very least a guide for business owners to follow to correct any website problems or learn why their business is being marked as a potential threat?

We are starting a new college quarter and will have hundreds of new customers encountering this message this week.  We need this flag removed from our site immediately to allow traffic to flow through smoothly.  Having this bottleneck will lead to phone calls and people unwillng to click on our link to our eCommerce site which will impact our sales.  This messaging is misleading and has a real financial impact on the businesses you are flagging or perhaps targeting.  How can we get these flags reviewed and reversed immediately?

Sincerely,

Steve Woolsey

An Artful Touch

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks @RobertWy but this solution does not help. xfinity clearly has a bug and it is flagging several legit sites with no reason. It just throws a SSL error and not even give the chance for the user to continue to the web-site.

We can't ask thousands of users to disable their security feature. Actually xfinity should disable this feature at all since it does not work.

But the worst thing: XFINIY DOES NOT GIVE ANY ATTENTION FOR THE CUSTOMERS COMPLAIGNS. I've tried to reach out several times and did not receive any response back. In some threads, I've seen xfinity paying fake users to disqualify the complaigns instead of trying to solve the problem.

I'm not sonly a business owner that has the businnes seriously affected by the bug but also a xfinity customer and I should at least receive a response back since I still cannot user my job's web-sites *.back4app.io.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Continuing the list of Official Employees we have sent messages to with no response:

@ComcastDNS @CCMax @ComcastChe @ComcastJen @CCIan @ComcastSam @ComcastTim @ComcastBen @ComcastJosh @ComcastNima 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJK @ComcastAl 

Will someone take action on this today? 

I've sent private messages to 23 Comcast "Official Employees" with no response.  Each post is limited to mentioning 10 user(s) per post so beolow is the first part of that list.  

@ComcastCll @ComcastCSV @ComcastPri @ComcastJP @ComcastJC @ComcastRachelH @ComcastMeg @ComcastDan 

I suggest everyone experiencinng this problem continue adding other official names to this list in this public forum until someone takes action.  

We are a small business, family-run business.  Our sales were impacted over 80% by Covid closures and fears.  We do not have the time nor resources to deal with an attack from an organization the size of XFINITY.  They are telling millions of people it is unsafe to do business with us which at this point could officially choke out our business completely. 

If there is something wrong with our site that you are aware but we are not, then be a good neighbor and let us know WHY you've taken such action against our site (or better yet, possibly even some guidance on how to cure it).  From the hours I've spent dealing with this now, we have not found our site on any publicly published Blacklist Databases: so what is the criteria for adding our site to your own internal list and how do we remove it?

Are there any lawyers out there that have been experiencing this defamation first-hand?  (Contact us and let us know if there is a legal case to be had here.)  Has anyone started a class-action lawsuit regarding this defamation against small businesses?  What XFINITY is doing and their lack of response to this situation is completely irresponsible, slanderous and damaging.

Steve Woolsey

An Artful Touch

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

And the last of the list of Official Employees we have tried to message with no response:

@ComcastJames @ComcastLarry @ComcastGina @ComcastAnisa @ComcastRob 

Again, if other forum users will please tag additional employees they are aware of to this forum, perhaps we can get some response to our issues.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

4 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

@EG Please read the thread. This solution was mentioned before and does NOT help.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

4 years ago

@davimacedo wrote:

@EG Please read the thread. This solution was mentioned before and does NOT help.

I'm aware of that. I was pointing out that the link supplied by others was unhelpful.. 🚫

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @ComcastJosh we are experiencing the same issue with sfcocktail.club. We just launched, got press coverage and are now hearing lots of customers unable to access the service.

We confirmed it's not an HTTPS issue. Seems to be the same. I've been on with various Comcast departments for 1.5 hours and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Can you help?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Josh, please help us too. We are losing so much business because of you guys.  We just launched had a bunch of marketing and now constant "comcast security blocks".  

I know this is true, because when they turn it off, they get through.

Our site is https://sfcocktail.club

Please help.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastJosh  - My website www.popfizzion.com is also blocked with this same issue. Turn it off and it works. Can you please add it to the ticket to get it unflagged ASAP? We're losing a lot of business

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here