phlarebot's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 13th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

xFi Advanced Security is blocking my company's website

One of my company's product domains is being blocked by xFi Advanced Security.

https://v2.hostfully.com is the subdomain that serves our guidebook platform, and it works fine when i have this featured disabled, but when i turn on xFi Advanced Security, I get a message (different depending on the browser) about not being able to load the page because a secure connection cannot be established.

Can this be investigated to find out why?    I had a similar issue about 4 months ago with Xfinity's "Protected Browsing" which was (at least then) powered by the categorization database at https://tools.zvelo.com/

fixing our negative categorization there resolved the issue, but now a few months later the issue reappears even though Zvelo still shows our site as safe (as does every other categorization site i can find)

anyway,  any help to point me in the right direction would be useful.   At the moment i just tell any customers that report this to turn off this feature in xFi because it's buggy, but i'd like to solve the root cause.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

To everyone that has blocked websites or URL's of your companies etc please DM me them all and i will send each of them to get whitelisted.  No ETA on resolution thanks again for your patience and we appreciate all of you! I understand your frustrations we have an engineering ticket in to assist with any website that is being blocked by xFi advanced security settings. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

no, this is not a solution.   My question is about how to get Advanced Security to STOP blocking my website,  I'm already advising all customers who have this problem to disable this feature, but that's a temporary workaround, not a solution.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

4 years ago

phlarebot -- Thanks for reaching out.  I've pulled up your account & shared with engineering to take a look. I'll reach out when I have more information.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

4 years ago

phlarebot -- I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks! Rachel

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having similar challanges when I open the website https://jumpshare.com . It's critical to my business & causing inconvenience. Can you please look into this as well. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity advanced Security is blocking all of my companies websites as suspiscous...seems to be domain based because these are ll hosted differently. 

Please unblock... or tell us if there is a risk that we are not aware of to get it unblocked. 

Ascentsg.com, metrics.ascentsg.com, APP-UGX.ascentsg.com

Please help- I have called support 9 times and escalated with no success... they keep wanted to send someone to my house... but this issue is happning for many people in different locations. 

Thanks! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My company is experiencing this too, one of our domains appears to be blocked by this feature and our SSO uses this domain which means all of our sites are blocked when a user is using the advanced security feature. We have verified that it works fine when disabled but that's not really a solution. 

What are you recommending for customers? I'm happy to share more about who our company is in a DM. 

Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same situation.  The Advanced Security is blocking our company website for our users (fantasygrounds.com); and generally causing all sorts of frustrated users who have Comcast and extra support calls.  The only thing we can tell them is to turn off the service; since I have not found any way to get whitelisted.

What can we tell our users who use Comcast?  How can we resolve long term?

JPG

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

I understand your frustrations we have an engineering ticket in to assist with any website that is being blocked by xFi advanced security settings. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is beyond a nightmare.

Our traffic dropped off more than a year ago and I couldn't figure out why.  I got a call from a client who told me that Xfinity was giving them a message that the site was malicious.  Who knows how many people have been blocked from getting to our website.  I esclated this all through to engineering and it was resolved.  I just got another call from someone today that the site is being blocked.  

Our website is www.future-bright.com

First I had to wade through an infuriating number of people who wanted me to reset my router and all kinds of non-related things.  

This seems like it should be illegal.  We build websites for X sake and this has harmed us a great deal.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This is a known Comcast/ Xfinity problem. We are having the same issue with selfmadewoman.com Godaddy advised us that they are receiving an extremely high level of complaints about their customers websites not working. They did 4 hours of trouble-shooting for me and said only Xfinity could correct it, but after 3.5hrs on the phone with 4 different people at Xfinity they have no resolution at all. It's their "Advanced Security" feature thats causing the problm. Works everywhere but on Xfinity. We pay them to be their customer so they can disrupt our businesses? Hmm.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My company (www.beaconstac.com) is having the exact same issue with our domain qr.tapnscan.me which is being blocked by xFi Advanced Security for some unknown reason. 

This is having a major impact on our business as our QR code management solution uses this domain and some of the biggest Fortune 100 brands use our service on marketing materials and product labels. 

We really need help with this - we have no idea what caused it or how to resolve the issue. It is not an option for me to ask consumers to turn off xFi security because the end-users scanning the QR codes are not my customers - they're merely scanning the QR codes on package labels and other places. 

We need someone from Comcast to help with this.

- Ravi Pratap, Co-Founder & CTO, ravi@beaconstac.com 

Contributor

• 

140 Messages

4 years ago

My domains are also being blocked!  Who do we complain to?  This is just wrong!  How can a Museum site, Military related site, etc. domains get blocked!  HELP!

Contributor

• 

140 Messages

4 years ago

Another person with my problem was told that Comcast uses "company A" created blacklist.  I contact the "Company A" about my problem and requested my websites be removed from their list.  They acknowledged their partnership but said I have to deal directly with Comcast.

I worked with Comcast (chat mode) and the end result was to shut off Advanced Security so I can get to my e-mail and websites OR contact the company housing my website (which I did and they said they ARE NOT causing the problem)! 

In otherwords, anyone uses Comcast as their Internet Provider can no longer get to my websites?   My websites include a County Museum, Comic Book Store, Veteran's Museum, Navy Patrol Squadrons, etc.  They don't sell anything, etc. This is wrong!

Bottom line -  I can't get anyone at Comcast to do anything!  This isn't right!  All those Comcast users who access my sites - can't get to them if they are running Advanced Security.  This isn't right!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Business site I've had for nearly 18 years, blocked since friday. I have to use VPN to access site that's green on every list. You must have defective filter on your new Advanced Security product, why not just remove it until you've fixed it? Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here