X

Thursday, July 27th, 2023 6:36 AM

Closed

xFi Advanced Security does not show in the Xfinity app.

This is preventing me from settings up a server for people to connect to on my home network. I have found no solution, and my routers firewall is disabled on 10.0.0.1, so that leaves my issue to just being Advanced Security. I have contacted Xfinity support, but that did not help solve me problems, so I'm now posting here.

3 Messages

1 year ago

Update: it seems that I've been able to disable xFi Advanced Security, but using something like a port checker says my ports are still closed. Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for that update @XavierF. Have you followed the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway to set up port forwarding?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Yes I have followed those steps and it didn't solve my issue.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

Okay, we may need to take a closer look at things together. Please send us a private message to get started.

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click the New Message icon.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to field.
  5. Type the reply in the Message box
  6. Click Enter to send your message.
  1. You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages.

Please remember, the best communities have most conversations happening in the public boards. This helps to ensure that our users get the fastest most accurate response possible provided by other user or our Official Employees. This also serves to benefit other users who may have a similar question. When interacting with an employee we will always try to keep as much of the conversation in that public thread but know we may ask you for a private message if we need to discuss your account-specific details. To help maintain our forum design, we ask that you never send unsolicited/unwanted private messages to any employee or user in these forums unless specifically asked to do so. If you do not see the feature on your profile, it may be because you have never posted a question on one of our public boards.

For additional information on the Xfinity Forum Policies regarding unsolicited private messages, please see here:   https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here