Brocktoon's profile

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 11:28 PM

Wrong Modem Listed On Xfinity iOS App

I've been running a customer owned Arris SB6183 for years.  The Xfinity website says 'customer owned' modem, and when I check the 'my device' website it does say Arris SB6183.  But when I check the Xfinity App via my iphone it says that I have a TG862G.  I have never owned, leased, or used a TG862G on my account.  I have also seen other posts on this forum and Reddit with customers encountering the same erroneous TG862G listing, yet I've seen no solution given.

Is this a bug with the app?

I've recently purchased a new Arris S33v2 I'd like to activate, but I don't feel confident in using the app to activate if it doesn't even list my current modem correctly.  I've reinstalled the app and it's updated to the most current version yet the TG862G lisiting remains.

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

3 months ago

Would anybody from Xfinity be able to look into this issue?  And is there a contact I can use to activate my new modem outside of using the Xfinity App?  With the app showing incorrect information I would like to activate my new modem and confirm that it's entered correctly onto my account.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

I'd love to help. I recommend starting with adding the modem via the app, deleting and reinstating the Xifnity app will help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

I've tried add the new modem via the app and get a 'Sorry, we're having some trouble' message.  I've also tried reinstalling the app and it still shows the incorrect TG862 modem instead of my current SB6183 that been working fine for years.

Can I activate my new modem via the phone?  I do not want to run into losing my current modem in the system if I keep trying to force the new modem install via the app that is giving an error.  I could end up in a situation where I'll have no internet access without any working modem.  I've activated modems in the past without issue by providing the MAC and serial #.  But now it seems the only option is the Xfinity App which is not even showing the correct information.

Is there also a reason it continues to show the TG862G when the website and when I've called Xfinity has confirmed I'm using the correct SB6183?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Brocktoon I'd like to take a closer look. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here