U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 16th, 2021 5:34 PM

Closed

Wifi profile management has been disabled on Xfinity wifi hotspots app

When trying to use Xfinity wifi hotspots app I get a dialogue box stating "Wifi profile management has been disabled"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Me too.  Support is clueless about this.  The published "solution" (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/phone-wont-autoconnect-wifi-hotspots#:~:text=Auto%2Dconnect%20to%20Xfinity%20WiFi%20is%20turned%20off,Auto%2DConnect%20to%20Xfinity%20WiFi.) doesn't work because that setting no longer exists.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_ef662d, thank you for reaching out to us and we can certainly assist further with the WiFi Hotspot issues. What device are you using and getting this error? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityGabby Samsun S20 FE uw, but the problem _may_ have been resolved by a Network Reset.  See my last reply at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/unable-to-auto-connect-to-xfinity-secure-hotspots/602db105c5375f08cd420093

I still see the "...disabled...' msg if I open Hotspots but I can connect automatically to XFINITY (secure) without a problem.  Has the newest update made the Hotspot

app unneeded?  Is this related to "Hotspot 2.0"  support which seems really undocumented?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

No , it has been fixed.

xfinitywifi network still has no internet connection, claiming no ip address initially.

Please reset network.Trying XFINITY network is the same. Hotspot is down completely.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No , it has NOT  been fixed.

xfinitywifi network still has no internet connection, claiming no ip address initially.

Please reset network.Trying XFINITY network is the same. Hotspot is down completely.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have this same problem, I just spent 3 hours with tech support to get nowhere.  I just restored the phone to factory and that didn't help.  The interesting thing to me is that both my wife and I just got new phones through the local xfinity store here and they both have this problem.  It is the only issue we are having.  every other connection seems to work well.  I still have lots of other devices, including my old s8 that will still connect to the XFINITY hotspot with no issues. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same issue on my Galaxy Note 10. I'm pretty sure it's a Samsung issue not Xfinity issue so I think we're all barking up the wrong corporate tree 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem. My phone is Pixel 3.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello, @user_3a6d26. Is this problem still occurring today? May I know what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far to try and resolve this?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

having the same issue with my samsung galaxy s10 and my acer laptop

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

I want to take a look at your account and the devices you are having issues with. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue with my Samsung S21 5G. Spent multiple hours online and on phone to get a voice mail problem fixed now this. It seems most of Xfinity Techs are clueless you just have to keep calling over and over  and maybe you will get lucky and get a tech that knows how to fix things. At least thats what happened to me with the voice mail issue. I do not have hours and hours to spend again to keep getting connected with a clueless Tech......

This issue seems to be affecting so many you would think they could train techs on what to do to fix their problems 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_612453 You have to get the Tier 1 & 2 techs to escalate it to the  "Advanced Services Team" who are apparently the only ones who can actually do anything other than walk you through a script.  In my case, they needed to reset (re-provision) my account.  The T1 and T2 level do not have access to the accounts, apparently.  It's not an approach that makes customers happy, but monopolies don't care...
"

Official Employee

• 

49 Messages

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital Care team. Can you please send us a private message with your name and full address so we can look into this for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problems with my s10e to new address this please?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Freedomkim odd thing is my girlfriend has the same phone on my account and hers can log in with a valid profile 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi @Freedomkim, I am sorry to hear you have not been able to connect your phone to the WiFi hotspots. I cant imagine the frustration this has caused you. I use the hotspots anytime I leave the house, they sure are handy and save on my data usage. Let’s work together to make sure everything is up and working. First, I ask that you uninstall the app and reinstall the app (make sure you have the most resent updates). Next, please follow this guide https://comca.st/3oK9fWp to make sure you are signed in correctly. If you are still having problems our team will be on standby to assist.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here