Mackenzie7's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 30th, 2022 3:47 PM

Closed

WiFi Name Change Not Working

I am trying to change my SSID/WiFi name. When I access the Admin tool to change the name, it states "To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit xfinity.com/myxfi." I have made multiple attempts to change the name on the app and myxfi, and it says changes complete. However, the old name still shows on my devices and the admin tool, so the name change is not going through.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having same issue for a week now...I've been connected via ethernet because my devices cannot see my WIFI network name. Several calls to Xfinity have resulted in nothing..they say cannot identify problem.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_c7240a, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear of the issue you are experiencing, please rest assure you have reached the right team. Did you originally change the WiFi name, through the xFi app or through the Admin Tool? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Mackenzie7 I can assist you with changing your Wi-Fi name. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just replaced my gateway with Motorola MR7750.  Now I want to change the name and password to something I can remember.  All of the information I have found online and on the app say that they cannot give me my current name and password because this is not an Xfinity product.  I feel as if I am at a dead end.  Help!

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_fdb5b3 I can definitely understand the frustration! When you use your own modem you would need to refer to the manufacturer's directions to change the user name and password. If you are still running into issues you would want to reach out directly to the manufacturer. We aren't able to offer support for 3rd party modems in this instance and I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have the exact problem with my brand new router. Web interface, Gateway -> Connection -> Wireless, all settings read only ??

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

These instructions what comes to latest Xfinity app are obsolete, please update. Too short post ...

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Must have 20 characters so perhaps this is enough ...

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_93efaa Just to clarify, were you trying to change your Wi-Fi name and password? When you use an Xfinity gateway it's super easy to update those by downloading the Xfinity app. Once you log into the app you'll want to select "Connect" at the bottom of the screen. You'll see your Wi-Fi name at the top. Tap on that and it will take you to the next page which should say, "My Network" at the time and there will be a pencil icon in the upper right hand corner. Tap that, and you'll be taken to a screen that says, "Edit WiFi Settings" from there you can change the network name and password with ease! Let me know if this helps. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having a similar situation, but that step changed nothing. My network’s name is A. I used the app exactly as described here to change and split it into B and C. My app and website account both say my Wi-Fi is now named B and C, with different password’s from A. Despite this, the modem will still only display A, with the old password, as if no change actually happened at all, and the app and website are lying to me.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles to change your Wi-Fi network name. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today.Have you take a look at https://www.xfinity.com/helpertainment/cdn.comcast.com/~/Media/helpertainment/downloads/change-wifi-name-password--online.pdf . It is a good PDF article to guide you on how to make the changes. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same issue and this offers absolutely no help as we have DONE that process. The gateway will not update with the app

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue. We're here to help. When using the app to attempt to update this information, are you getting any errors?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here