U

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 9:29 AM

Why is email in Xfinity app not allowing pinch and zoom feature?

On my iPhone SE, I open Xfinity (newest version) app and type “email” into search icon at top. Then I select option “Go to my email inbox” from the results list. Then you have to sit around and wait for email to open. It is slow. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it does not. I only have about 700 messages in inbox anyway. I don’t understand why Xfinity email is so slow and have like a 50 Mbs access speed.

After waiting, then I select an email in list. If I want to read email, I need a magnifier because the app apparently no longer supports pinch and zoom feature. Please do not ask me to use another device to access it. I have the same problem on a 11 inch screen tablet. No pinch and zoom feature there either. Why did it quit working?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 days ago

user_mt7nac Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I understand how frustrating it must be to experience slow loading times in the Xfinity app and the inability to use the pinch-to-zoom feature on both your iPhone SE and tablet. 😕 With your inbox size and the speed you mentioned, it’s reasonable to expect a smoother experience. We appreciate your patience as we work on improving the app's functionality. While I don’t have a specific answer for why the pinch-to-zoom feature is no longer working, please review and follow the following troubleshooting steps to see if they can help resolve this issue. 

To troubleshoot the issue with the slow loading and the missing pinch-to-zoom feature in the Xfinity app on your iPhone SE and tablet, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Check for App Updates: Ensure you're using the latest version of the Xfinity app. Sometimes updates include bug fixes and performance improvements.

• Open the App Store, go to the Updates tab, and see if there's a new version of the Xfinity app available.
  2. Clear Cache/Data (if possible):

• While iPhones and iPads don’t have a specific “clear cache” option like Android, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can refresh its data and potentially fix slow loading issues.
    • To uninstall, press and hold the Xfinity app icon and select “Remove App.” Then, reinstall it from the App Store.
  3. Test Your Network Speed: Even though you mentioned having a 50 Mbps connection, it's good to check your actual speed and network stability.

• You can use tools like Xfinity’s own speed test or third-party apps like Speedtest.net to verify your current download speed.
    • If your speed looks fine but the app is still slow, try switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data to see if the issue persists.
  4. Restart Your Device: Sometimes a quick restart can help clear up temporary issues with your phone or tablet.

2 Messages

4 days ago

We keep apps and devices up-to-date. We typically use Speedtest app to check download speed; the Xfinity app has a way to test the speed to devices, but it has been experiencing unexpected errors lately.

We restart devices and modem often. The Xfinity app was deleted, device restarted, app reinstalled. The same condition persists, the pinch and zoom feature does not work. Trying to read email with Xfinity app is hard with this issue using iPhone SE

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_mt7nac Thank you for taking the initiative to restart your devices, reinstall the Xfinity app, and run speed tests—that’s definitely helpful information.

To dig a bit deeper, are you seeing the pinch-to-zoom issue exclusively when reading emails in the Xfinity app, or does it occur with other content as well? Additionally, when using the Speedtest app, how do the download speeds compare to your plan's expected performance? This can help us pinpoint whether the issue is app-related or possibly linked to your network.

We’re here to assist and ensure things are running smoothly for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 day ago

... Xfinity ... app ... type “email” into search icon ... select option “Go to my email inbox” ...

When I do that on my Android phone I can't "pinch" either. But if I open the Chrome web browser directly and load https://connect.xfinity.com, "pinch" works. Don't know if that's true on IOS.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here