U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 12:52 PM

Closed

Unpausing device

I have a Playstation in my son's room that I frequently pause so he can do his homework but I noticed that it will unpause by itself without me doing it. Each time he's quiet, I'll check the app and itd be unpaused. I am the only one with access to this app. Only the Playstation behaves like that

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

user_xmt7c0, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I love that we have this feature to pause and unpause devices so that our kids have some downtime from their gaming. If your son's game is coming unpaused without your permission, there is a good chance he is finding another way to connect to the internet. He could be using a Wi-Fi hotspot or another available WiFi Network in the area. If the Playstation is still showing paused on the app, then this would be what is happening. If the game is unpaused on the app, make sure to check the time frame you set it for and maybe change your password just in case. If you are still having issues with this, let us know and we can run through some troubleshooting with you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here