R

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 1st, 2023 8:57 PM

Closed

Unable to set port forwarding

I am getting the "Something unexpected happened" while trying to access the Port Forwarding option in the Xfinity App. What do I do now? I need this service

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section for assistance.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same issue. I tried a bunch of other things and even ended up factory resetting the router with no change.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there and welcome to Comcast. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about the issue you are experiencing with the Xfinity App and trying to access Port forwarding. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today with the issue you are having trying to access the port forwarding. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ I have gone this route and been asked if the Port Forwarding through the App works three times. Is there a single person that can look into this?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same issue

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_cb9b8d I would like to gather more information about the steps you have taken. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am also having this issue. I am attempting to set up an ARK: Survival Evolved server, but when I try to port foward I constantly get an error that says "We're having some trouble, please try again later"

The ports I have to use are 7777, 7778, and 27015.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I too am having this same issue!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue. Filling out the rest of this message to meet the minimum 20 character requirement. (oy).

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding our port forwarding options. Is this the only feature that you are running into this error through the app? Are you having this issue when attempting to access the app through all devices? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I will submit a DM but this seems to be a larger issue. It's disappointing that the Xfinity routers lock out this option manually

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same problem; the router admin directs me to the xfinity app and the xfinity app throws the "something unexpected" error when trying to access port forwarding

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

For others reference, apparently my Gateway router is a model older. This for some reason blocks the Port Forwarding options through the Admin menu but isn't recent enough to connect to the app

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue as everyone else here, and it has only been this way since the last Xfinity application update on April 26, 2023 (Android). Before that release of the application the port forwarding UI was accessible and worked just fine. If it is required of customers to use a mobile application for managing the gateway, then at least make sure that the application works. The whole thing is absurd.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@AnXfinityCustomer Hear Hear!

By the way, in case anyone who can actually fix this is reading, in addition to Port Forwarding, DMZ returns exactly the same error and LAN & WAN doesn't work properly either. For WAN, the error, "Sorry. We're Having Some Trouble - We can't access your usage information right now. Please check back later." The LAN section seems fine.

I bought a thrift store router today. Hoping I can just get away with bridging mode on the gateway and be done with it. Something tells me it's not going to be that easy. Will update this thread if I get it to work, or if I don't.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_f83de8​ I always used my own routers and modems until very recently. Xfinity dropped support for some lower DOCSIS versions a few months back, and I idiotically opted for what I thought would be convenience. Never again. The hassle from using these rented devices is not worth the $15-20 of savings a month. Unexpected breakages every few weeks, locked down settings, and the Xfinity application is useless shovelware for anyone who knows the slightest thing about network administration.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Well, the "new" router seems to be working well with the Xfinity gateway set to bridge mode. Sure is nice having local control of my forwards and other settings again.

FYI the router is a Belkin F951009. Both wired and wireless speeds are normal through it. And it's a cute little thing, too.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Reposting from another thread (there are a lot of these):

I have found a solution to this thanks to a Reddit post:

"Open up the xfinity app and it should bring you to the overview page. On the top right, there is a chat icon, click it. It will bring you to the chat AI assist. In the chat window, type port forward. The AI will respond the a number of prompts, select network. Then another list of prompts will load, select open advanced options. Finally, the last set of prompts will appear, where here you can select port forwarding."

After over a year of struggling with this and Comcast accepting no responsibility for fixing it and giving customers the runaround with solutions that do not work and links to pages with instructions that don't address the problem, this solution DOES work.

Important: If you click the chat button in the app and it takes you to a blank white page, make sure your default browser for Android at least is set to Chrome. This will allow the chat page to load so you can complete this process.

It is obvious that there is a problem with authentication or something in the app and that Comcast refuses to fix or acknowledge it. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@jesserb​ That worked, thank you. I'm a new xfinity customer and already experience a lot of frustration. It's like 1990s all over again, when setting up any new device took hours of trial and error.  Comcast is stuck in 20th century.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@jesserb​ This worked. Thank you. Put this issue out over the phone, they stated they forwarded the issue to the IT department (Aren't they all IT department?). This was many weeks ago (5+), wasn't fixed. Updated the app, wasn't fixed. This solution works. Period. Note: You need to literally type "port forward". "port forwarding" apparently is not a valid term (When it's 1 and the same).

Keywords for those googling this in hopes they stumble onto this SOLUTION ABOVE: something unexpected happened , comcast port forwarding / forward not working , can't port forward 2023 comcast , cannot use app to port forward , android xfinity app port forward broken / unresponsive

To whoever scrolled down this far - the solution is above, what "jesserbyars" stated! This works like a charm!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@jesserb​ thank you mister, for me it open the option to configure the port forward, a cup of coffee to you.

(edited)

3 Messages

@jesserb​ This no longer works

(edited)

2 Messages

@jesserb​ This worked, thanks!

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

My xfinity app always shows gateway offline since I upgraded to xfi8 modem.  I also can’t set port forwarding.

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

@KB123456789 Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here