P

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 16th, 2022 8:27 PM

Closed

Unable to log into Xfinity app.. getting "Sorry, We're Having Some Trouble" error

Unable to log into the Xfinity app.  Tried clearing data on the app (which also clears the cache), uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted the modem/router.  Nothing has worked.  Please advise on some other troubleshooting steps.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Keisha,

Thank you.  I completed the same steps with a Support Rep from Comcast today and it did not resolve the issue.  And here are a few more things I have tried:

1)  I installed the Xfinity app on my old Samsung Galaxy S7 and received the same error (I didn't mention it in my original post by I am using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

2)  I installed the Xfinity My Account app and was able to log into that app just fine on my S22.  But it says in that app that my Internet is not "Activated" which is strange since I am able to access the Internet and was able to change the SSID and password for WiFi on my xFi Gateway.  And the only way to "activate" my Internet service is again by using the Xfinity app.

3)  The reason why I wanted to use the Xfinity app is because I wanted to reset the WiFi password on my xFi Gateway - again, the only way to change that password or modify the SSID name is by using the Xfinity app (and I have to say that Comcast's decision to take away this functionality everywhere else except the app is absolutely bonkers!!).  Anyhow, I performed a factory reset on my xFi Gateway (held down the button in the back for 60 seconds).  I was able to connect to the reset xFi Gateway using the SSID and password on the bottom of the device, and then got into the admin panel for the Gateway by going to 10.0.0.1 and logging in with the default username and password - "admin" and "password".  I was then able to change the SSID and WiFi password that way.

Even after the factory reset, I still cannot use the Xfinity app and the My Account app still says that I need to activate my Internet service.  So, still looking to figure out where to go from here.

Paul

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Let's take a look at the account and we'll circle back here with any troubleshooting steps that we took that may be of help in the future. Since we'll need to collect some information, let's hop over to Direct Message. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it
See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry I didn't see this reply until now.  I opened up the Xfinity app again today and magically it worked, allowing me to see the status of my Gateway, etc.  Strangely, in the Xfinity My Account app, it still says that my Internet is not activated.  I went through the steps again using the Xfinity app to scan the QR code on my Gateway and followed the prompts, but the Internet service still says it is not Activated even though it is working fine.  I was also able to setup Flex without a problem.  

No idea what fixed the problem.  My only advice to others if they also experience a similar problem is to give it a few days and it may resolve itself.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@pkinfranklin 

I'm glad to hear you're able to get into the Xfinity App and enjoy your Flex service, please let us know if you continue to see issues with the My Account app. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi @pkinfranklin, I’m sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Xfinity App. I have a few steps for you to try to resolve your log in concerns. 

Lets start by having you log into our awesome website app at (https://www.xfinity.com/).

Next, please reset your password and let me know if you were able to log into the app. You may reset your password by following the steps in this link (http://www.xfinity.com/password).  -Keisha 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here