Uncle_PO's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, May 14th, 2021 1:56 PM

Closed

Two Step Verification - Login problem on Android phone to Xfinity

My recent experience leads me to conclude that the use of 2-Step verification is the cause of login failures (to Xfinity applications) with my phone. I am an Xfinity Mobile customer and also have Xfinity Internet, Voice & TV.

From my desktop PC I can log in to anything Xfinity related and there is NO issue when 2-Step verification is turned ON. Logging out and then back in works EVERY time.

From my phone, however, I wish I could say the same. After uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity App it became impossible to log in to Xfinity. I discovered (when Xfinity Support suggested a password change be tried) that it became temporarily possible to log in to an Xfinity application - even with 2-Step verification active. Unfortunately, this 'solution' was a one shot deal. After logging out, it was no longer possible to log back in... (unless another password change was made).

The behavior of the login failure was consistent, repeated looping. I would enter my username and password (as used with NO error on my PC). Then the code (received via text) was entered and sign in was attempted. At first all looks good, as if the login is working, but then the attempt fails and the screen prompting for credentials reappears (sometimes with text saying the username or password may be incorrect).

The endless, frustrating failure loop was cured by turning OFF 2-Step verification. I didn't suspect the 2-Step process as the culprit until after trying my login credentials on my wife's phone (which is the same exact type as mine) and was reminded that her Xfinity user account isn't set to use 2-Step.

Prior to turning off 2-Step verification, I tried to clear the phone's default browser cache, deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity App, restarted my phone and restarted my Xfi Gateway; however, those troubleshooting steps made no difference.

In my case it was with an Android phone but it seems that the issue (whatever the root cause) may also affect the iPhone. Seems to be something amiss with the way the Xfinity server communicates with the phone when 2-Step verification is ON...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here