U3

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, July 30th, 2023 3:08 AM

Closed

Tv remote app not working with linked accounts

So I’d like to see if anyone else has this issue. I use the tv remote app pretty regularly to control my television with no issues (let’s call my home account lineup 1). A couple weeks ago I linked a second xfinity account to my login to manage both accounts with one login. The second account is in another metro area with a different channel lineup (call it lineup 2).

Since I did this, my tv remote app only shows the lineup and cable boxes for lineup 2, even after returning home and getting logged into my home network. Is there any way to switch between lineup 1 and lineup 2 in the tv remote app? I’ve tried logging out and in again already, with no success. It seems lineup 2 has pushed out the original lineup 1. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Good evening @User-321765, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your Remote app concerns. May I ask if you have the same type of cable box for both accounts? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ yes, I have the same boxes for both locations, the X1 digital boxes.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming that @User-321765, I really appreciate it. 

May I ask what type device you are using, is it an Apple or Android? 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I’m using Apple devices, an iPhone and an iPad, both running the most current version of OS software. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Got it, thank you for letting us know @User-321765. Let's go ahead and try opening the TV remote app > selecting options (three horizontal lines in the top right) > selecting settings (gear icon toward the bottom of the screen). From here we'll be able to toggle which TV to control under "TV Control Configuration" by tapping "Selected TV". If this doesn't do the trick let's try unlinking your accounts and using separate Xfinity IDs which should work for you to enjoy that feature on both accounts.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

The iOS (Apple) app doesn't have an options section in the top right. There is a settings icon at the bottom right of the main screen. My problem isn't switching between televisions and boxes; my problem is that it ONLY shows me the boxes from location #2, and the only listings I see on the remote app screen are from lineup 2 at location #2. My initial problem I posted was after linking my accounts that the tv remote app is only showing me location #2 lineups and cable boxes, with no option to switch back to my home (location #1) lineup and boxes. I will not unlink accounts as I originally did this to access both accounts from one xfinity/Comcast ID.

Surely someone else has run into this issue with the TV Remote app and linked accounts? This problem hasn't been solved yet.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Okay, so this is not resolved or solved. My only recourse is to delete the app and not use it anymore.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

I understand that the issue is that you have a linked account and cannot toggle between the two accounts in the remote app. It looks like @XfinityThomasA had suggested unlinking your accounts and logging in based on the location and account you are at. Have you already tried that as a solution if you can't toggle between accounts on the app? That would give you a seperate user name for each account to differentiate the two.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

It appears xfinity’s support for multiple linked accounts is terrible and they don’t seem to care or fix the issues.

All of these are issues I’ve identified if you have more than one xfinity account linked to the same login/ID:

TV Remote App - only uses the most recently added account/location. No way to switch between accounts.

stream app: no way to switch accounts but does honor the default account linked to the ID. To stream with a different account first logout of the stream app. Next use a browser to login to your ID and switch which account is your default account. Next, login to the stream app.

website: claims to have the ability to switch which account you are using after logging in to an ID. However, it doesn’t work and for billing, for example, always shows you the bill for the default account.  The only way to change which account you are using on the website is to change the default account linked to the ID.

comcast really should fix these problems.  The TV remote app is the worst of them because there is no way to control which account the tv remote app is controlling. At least the website and stream app honor the default account linked to your ID which, while annoying, allows you some control.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here