U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2022 5:12 AM

Closed

Sorry we're having trouble app ridiculousness

Replaced my xfi gateway modem today and that is where my problems began. At first my xfinity app wasn't prompting me to activate new equipment like it has in the past so I had to call and speak with customer service who was unable to help connect service, so a service technician was going to be dispatched to my residence to fix the problem. I then get a call from the advance support team where they were able to get the gateway connected just by changing the name and password, but now the xfi app wouldn't let me log in I kept getting a "Sorry we're having trouble" prompting me to sign out. The representative seemed to have the attitude that the app wasn't her problem and that she had done her job by fixing the connection issue and canceled my service appointment after wishing me a good day. I have pods that need to be connected and in order to do so I need the app working. I call customer service again and do all the troubleshooting issues with the app i.e force stop,uninstall&reinstall, restart phone everything to no avail. This was done on 3 different devices, then am told that a tech needs to come check the lines(in 4 days) because that might be a reason why the app isn't working. I did some research and seen threads on reddit about account linking and service addresses being correct which after checking didnt apply to me. I can log into xfinity through web browser I can log into myXfinityaccount app I can log into xfinity stream all fine but for some reason no matter what I do when I try the xfi app it shows a little guy on a bike riding across a cityscape animation saying "checking things out" then seconds later "Sorry we're having trouble" and promps me to sign out. I wasn't having this problem until today when I changed equipment. So what changed?  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same exact issue here without it being a linking issue. 3 calls to customer service so far and no solution.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hey, user_b6da48! Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about your xFi App not working properly and your recent experience with us. Definitely, not how we wanted things to go. It sounds like you've completed some thorough self-troubleshooting so far. We appreciate that. And I'd like to take another look at your account. We want to help resolve this once and for all. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ will do

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

UPDATE : Problem finally fixed. I had to have a tech come out to the residence to fix all of it, But in an attempt that this might help someone else fix their problem in a more timely manner that what I had to go through here were the things that were most likely the cause of the problem. First and foremost the app issue seemed to be due to latency between the device and gateway caused by the faceplate coax connector attached to the wall it was old and the inside was corroded and was showing an error on the techs testing devices. He deduced this by seeing that my gateway was showing up as unresponcive but the line itself was testing as in good working order. so he replaced it with a new one. Once that was replaced the connection to the gateway went straight through with no latency issues. The fix however added a new problem the gateway although connected to the internet, wouldn't let me connect to it via wifi (saying incorrect password eventhough i know it was correct). So, a new gateway was set up and activated by the technician on site once the gateway had been activated all problems went away. I was able to connect directly to the app with no problems and no more "Sorry we're having issues" message. While the tech was still here we went through the app and figured out how to get all xfi pods connected and reactivated to the network. Here's a fun fact the tech himself even said that they aren't really trained in detail on the app at comcast they just know the basic functions, so we had to search around and figure out where to go to get those things done. Also he had told me that sometimes it's an account issue that causes the app not to let you connect and that sometimes all it takes is a couple of days for it to correct itself. Sense the tech came out and replaced the gateway and coax faceplate all things are running smoothly and I am receiving 100% wifi speed the plan provides. It did however take 2 hours to troubleshoot these solutions but the tech did it all on his own and I didn't have to do much but just sit and wait while he worked. All in all if you are expieriencing the same types of problems my advice would be just to have a tech come check your equiptment (after the first call to customer service once they have established that they cant help) and have them set everything up rather than trying to fix the problem yourself by spending countless hours troubleshooting with customer support over the phone just to get nowhere. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here