U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 11th, 2023 3:05 AM

Closed

Services, WiFi and Security settings missing from Xfinity app when disabling Bridge Mode on Xfinity modem/router

Hello,

I recently disabled the Bridge Mode function on my Xfinity modem. The Xfi modem is now broadcasting wifi normally without issue, however, the Services, WiFi and Security tabs on Xfinity app have disappeared and the only options available are Overview and Account. After reading through some of the other questions like this in the forum, it appears that there are some provisions within my account that need to be tweaked in order to get the app to display correctly. As it stands now, I cannot access device info, perform a gateway restart, add devices such as xfi pods, etc.... I just purchased a xfi pod and have no way of adding it to my network, which is extremely frustrating. Xfinity, please help. I've only had Xfinity for 3 days now and I am already scratching my head about my decision.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_352bc4! When switching the modem back into bridge mode do those features appear again? Have you tried signing out of the application and signing back into the application after turning bridge mode off? Are you seeing this issue happen on multiple devices signing into the application?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hello @XfinityAldrik​,

I went into one of the local Xfinity stores in my area to try and get this issue resolved. After nearly 2 hours of troubleshooting, they finally got the issue figured out. Apparently, when I was trying to disable the bridge mode, the modem ended up getting stuck in bridge mode and would not disable no matter what I did. I went back and forth from enabled and disabled on the bridge mode and nothing worked. An experienced Xfinity technician was able to finally log into my modem and reset everything back to original settings which finally fixed the issue. Once they did that, all of the app options (Overview, Services, WiFi, Security and Account) all became available to me once again on the app. I was then able to add the Xfi pod that had just purchased a few days ago before this issue started.

Thank you for the follow up.  This post can now be closed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_352bc4 Thank you for describing the issue, and we are very glad to hear that it was resolved. If there is anything you need from us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out as needed.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here