1moreusername's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, June 5th, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

Router password reset

I don't have my router password, is there any way to reset it without restting the entire device to default?  I don't want to do that because I don't think I'll be able to reproduce all the settings from memory without seeing them first...

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @1moreusername  you will need to reset it completely if you no longer are able to use your password to log into the admin portal.  Yes you will have to do a full reset by sticking something in the reset hole for 45 seconds etc sorry!

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @1moreusername .  Do you mean your router password for 10.0.0.1 admin portal to get into your Gateway settings for the modem interface or do you mean your WiFi password to connect to the wireless internet in your home?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

You can view your WiFi password by saying WiFi password into your voice remote and it will come up on your TV as well.  Take care and have a great Sunday! 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@1moreusername wrote:

I don't have my router password, is there any way to reset it without restting the entire device to default?  I don't want to do that because I don't think I'll be able to reproduce all the settings from memory without seeing them first...

Thanks for any help!

No. Sorry.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, thanks.  I'm talking about accessing the admin portal to the Gateway settings.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here