BIslander's profile

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2023 4:32 AM

Closed

Restart X1 Box on Xfinity App

I routinely use the MyAccount app to restart specific X1 boxes in my house.  There's a note posted there now saying that app is going away and all functions will be available on the Xfinity app.  I can't find a way to troubleshoot or restart boxes on the Xfinity app.  I tried the Assistant bot, but it wants to do a full system refresh.  Will there be a way to restart individual X1s on the Xfinity app?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

1 year ago

Anyone here from Xfinity who might be able to find out if the Xfinity app replacing MyAccount will support restarting individual TV boxes?   Thanks. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@BIslander

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to our Xfinity Community Forums with this question! 

You will be able to troubleshoot your gateway and WiFi-connected devices from the Connect tab in the Xfinity app. You can also select Account > Help (under More Resources) > Troubleshoot a Device.

To troubleshoot TV and streaming service from the Xfinity app. You will need to select that option from the Overview tab (one of the purple buttons at the top of the Overview screen).

You can restart individual TV boxes from our website at xfinity.com:

1. Visit xfinity.com and log in to your account.
  2. Go to Account > Support and choose TV & Streaming.
  3. Select Troubleshoot and click Continue. Ensure that your Xfinity cable box is switched on in this step.
  4. After the system scan is finished, choose Restart a Single TV Box and select your cable box on the TV Box selection screen.
  5. Select Restart Device. The restart process will take up to twenty minutes to complete.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Thanks.  That helped me find it on the app.  

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@BIslander

You're most welcome! If anything else comes up, please feel welcome to begin a new submission here on our Subreddit. The Reddit community, our experts, and official employees are here 24/7 for your convenience!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here