U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2023 9:46 PM

Closed

Remove Old Gateway from App

We received a new modem/gateway from the store today. I set it up and it’s working but the app still shows that it’s offline. How do I remove the old modem so the new one will show up in the app as being online?  

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

2 years ago

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue and no one from Xfinity is helping me. Been trying to fix it for a week, I keep calling and they keep saying wait one hour and we’ll call you back. No one calls, nothing has been fixed. So annoying.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@lrharman I hate to hear you are having trouble with removing the old equipment, and would love to help. Have you tried removing and adding the app again? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Was this ever fixed? Removing and redownloading the app doesn’t work, so I don’t want to be told that again. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@Lhair123​ Agreed. I've tried it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@AmyLizC when you have a moment please send us a direct message. We need to access your account and work with our advanced repair team to resolve the issue with the old modem displaying in the app. Just use the direct message icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the exact same issue. I spent a lon time on the phone with a customer service rep. And the old gateway was still showing up on the xfi app and website. I returned the other device a few days ago. I received a confirmation email saying they got it. But for some reason the XFI app isn't updating. Also the ability to activate your own device is not working right now. Xfinity needs to fix the app. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here