wish4fixes's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 9:00 PM

Received messages of new device connected on xfi. "Unisys-0000" and "00:00:00-0000"

Received 2 messages of new device connected. One was for "Unisys-0000". The other was for "00:00:00-0000". Neither of these were connected when I checked and I really doubt that they were an intrusion via my wifi. They look like something caused by Comcast/Xfinity. But no one at Comcast is responding to me. This isn't the first time that xfi has sent me weird messages about new devices. Earlier this month it was "ARRISGro-4FC5". Since the router is an Arris, I think that this was also caused by Comcast/Xfinity. What is going on?

Responses

Accepted Solution

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

1 y ago

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Well that stinks. I want the security turned on. The router should include firewall security for my entire network.

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

1 y ago

It still does. The built in hardware firewall is still enabled unless you specifically disable it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

After a long runaround, a Comcast employee said that the problem was in Advanced Security and that they already know about it. You were right! Thank you.

EG

Expert

• 

87K Messages

1 y ago

Quite welcome !

New to the Community?

Start Here