L

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 3:19 AM

Received Advanced Security Alert for an old phone

Today I received an alert from the XFinity app about an advanced security alert, "We blocked Apple iPhone Pro 12 from contacting a known malicious IP".  Only problem is I traded in the only 12 Pro on my plan several months ago, for a 15 Pro.  I did a total factory reset, and activated the new phone on my line, and my XFinity account has not shown this model phone associated with my account for several months.

I have reached out to Support, and they have logged an escalation, but has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

5 months ago

l3bowsk1 I am glad you were able to reach Xfinity support for assistance. If you need my team for anything, just let us know as we are here to help. 

2 Messages

I was promised an escalation by support and I have yet to hear back from anyone.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@l3bowsk1 Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

5 months ago

I didn't get the message , just happened to be in the Xfinity app a few days ago and checked the security page because voicemail notifications were sent to my email .  In the settings , I do not have the box checked for enabling this .  
       I have three security threats , one for March and two for April .  Said they blocked it ~ no action necessary .  I looked at it again today and it's telling me to take action , that's all .

What am I supposed to do now ?   I  have spent far too much time trying to find solutions for my issues.  Had I not taken a look in the app and this forum , I wouldn't have had a clue about the data breach  .   It's possible that the breach is connected to my email fraud , both happening around the same time ? 
         When I tried to report the email fraud @ internetsecurity.xfinity.com , a message saying   " connection not private " , how secure is that !   
      These situations are unethical business practices and I'm disclosing them to the Federal Communications Commission . I am utterly stunned to learn of the data breach by chance !

For reference , the suspicious site visits were 31 March , and two on 27 April 2024 classified as malware and phishing . The site = zegsu.com  .  I'm on an iPad (9th generation) v 17.4 and 

iPhone 14 same version .  IP address = 141.101.120.10  Blacklisted by five organizations checked on dmarcly.com   .  🚫

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here