C

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 3:36 PM

Closed

RE: Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app to be retired

Background:

• I have the latest Xfinity iOS app version 5.18.0 on my iPhone as of 19 Feb 2024
  • The phone is running iOS 17.2.1
  • All previous Xfinity WiFi and other Xfinity apps have been deleted

Problem:

• The "WiFi" tab contains an option called Xfinity WiFi Hotspots (screenshot 1 below)
  • When that is selected, a message at bottom of screen says Find hotspots on the map (screenshot 2 below)
  • When that is selected, a map appears with hotspot locations, but that is all
  • There is no option to Connect Automatically

If I simply select the Xfinitiwifi SSID in network settings, I'm asked for my Xfinity login and password, after which the Xfinity app asks me to approve the login. But when I approve the login, no connection to Xfinitywifi SSID takes place. I've repeated this several times at several different Xfinity WiFi hotspots without success.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello Casey_SJ

If you’re a Xfinity Mobile customer, you don’t need to use the Secure Auto-Connect for Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots feature in the Xfinity app. This functionality is already built into the operating system for all Xfinity Mobile devices. It’s not supported in the Xfinity app on Xfinity Mobile devices.

The Xfinity app Secure Auto-connect feature is not available to Xfinity Mobile customers who are using the Xfinity app on iOS devices with a different mobile carrier. You can connect to secure Xfinity WiFi hotspots by installing the hotspot profile from secureprofile.wifi.connected.xfinity.com.

More Information:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wifi-hotspot-profile-troubleshooting

This comment was created from this reply

2 Messages

3 months ago

Awesome -- downloading the secure profile worked. In the past this VPN profile was downloaded automatically, which I why I struggled with this for several weeks before finally posting about it above.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 months ago

@Casey_SJ, thanks for getting back to us with this update, and we're delighted to hear that worked on your end. Please be sure to reach back out to us Publicly for any future issues or concerns, we're here to support you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here