martinhouse905's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, May 4, 2020 12:00 PM

Re: Ports Not Opening - xfi Gives False Hope

I have theTechnicolor CGM4140COM gateway, and I am having the same issue! Ports show open but will NOT pass traffic!

When I could go DIRECTLY into the gateway. and add a "user defined" port they all WORKED!

Now that I have to use the webapp,  I have lost ALL access to my all 6 of my home cams!

I have called more than 3 times to tier 1 customer service and this issue is still not fixed.

I need direct access again, or for tier 3 to open all the ports I need to program my home network.

THIS A WEBAPP SOFTWARE ISSUE, NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE!! My ports worked for 2 years BEFORE the WEBAPP!

Responses

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

1 y ago

Hello I am sorry about the problems you have been experiencing with opening the ports for your XH cameras on Xfinity. I will escalate the issue for you because you said you have tried everything you could and please uninstall the app as well and install it back. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

I had to turn off the advanced security to get traffic to pass thru gateway. BUT, I only have 4 of my 6 cameras working because the Xfi webapp DOES NOT recognize ALL of my online devices. Since you ONLY program recognized devices I am DOWN 2 cameras with no hope to add new ones!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I'm having the same issue with my gateway.  

None of the ports configured to passthrough are actually working, standard or non-standard.

Gateway logs show that the configuration message appears to have been sent back to the gateway from xfi, but nothing going through.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

is your advance security option turned off? mine did not work until I turned this off in gateway. then my cameras started to work. it would be great to have the security because I saw outside intrusion stopped, but it stops EVERYTHING.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks,

I decided to create my own question as I realized I have a different gateway hardware.  Mine does not allow for turing off the "advanced" security option, but even completely turing off the firewall does not allow ports to pass through.  

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hello, martinhouse905! Thanks for reaching out to us for help with these port forwarding issues on your gateway. I'd love to work with you and take a closer look to help get this issue resolved. 

Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can help get those cameras up, and you can feel more secure in your hope again! 🙂

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

New to the Community?

Start Here