Sathyan's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 27, 2019 4:00 PM

RALINK TE-600 Connected

I got a text saying a New Device was connected to the network, immediately i paused it because we weren't at home and the device name sounded weird "RALINKTE-6000" is this some kind of virus on the Xfinity Network ??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

That’s an actual company that makes chipsets. I guess you’ll see what’s not working when you get home
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralink

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

12-5-2019 Got the same message here. I live alone in an apartment. I immediately paused it just like you. I Googled it and found a couple of entries: 1) a temperature sensor (looks like commercial use), and 2) a 3-in-1 gadget that can act as a portable charger, a personal hotspot, or a file-sharing hub. The latter is most likely. Pictures show a router with a Ralink RT5350F system on a chip.

I'm sure someone was just setting it up and it found my network and tried to connect. I no longer see it trying to connect. Thanks to the XFi app I head these off although I doubt they could get into my network anyway.

New to the Community?

Start Here