U

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 10:52 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding

when i click on Advanced > Port Forwarding in the gateway i reach this page

and when i go WiFi > View Wifi equipment > Advanced Settings > Port Forwarding in the app i reach this page

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Exact same issue. Tried reactivating router, reinstalling app, restarting everything multiple times with no success. Others have been having this issue for almost a year.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_nxgvtu, I appreciate you grabbing those screenshots to give us a clearer idea of what you're seeing on your end with those port forward attempts. Are you currently using a Xfinity Gateway, or have an Xfinity Gateway in bridge mode by chance? Also, are you signing in with the primary username? 

4 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ yes this is my primary username, I am using the gateway and bridge mode was disabled

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_nxgvtu Thank you so much for your time today! I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and the time you are taking out of your day to get this issue resolved. Can you please try the following, and let's see if this works. Open up the Xfinity app and it should bring you to the overview page. On the top right, there is a chat icon, click it. It will bring you to the chat AI assist. In the chat window, type port forward. The Xfinity Assistant will respond with a number of prompts, and select network. Then another list of prompts will load, and select open advanced options. Finally, the last set of prompts will appear, where here you can select port forwarding.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

following these directions leads me here

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_nxgvtu, understood, thank you for tying those steps. Let's take a closer look into this issue. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I am having similar issues with port forwarding not working, and have been for the past several months - I'm this close to getting my own router.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here