S

Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 1:32 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding

Andriod App, go to Wi-Fi, View Equipment, Advanced Settings, Port Forwarding.

Says Something Unexpected Happened error. 

So I can't Port Forward. Please fix. 

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @southflniceguy. There are a couple of different ways to set up port forwarding on an Xfinity modem. Please go to this link here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway for more information on how to do it.

5 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ with all due respect you are wrong and didn't read my bug report at all. Please reread. 

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

If you follow that link above, there is an option via a url website to log into the modem and set up port forwarding that way. Have you tried that?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

That is absolutely hilarious that you say that! If you knew anything about this subject, you would know that feature is EXCLUSIVE to the app, for whatever reason. Literally cannot port forward with Xfinity and I'm very very very close to getting my roommate to switch to Spectrum. This company can't even address this one simple issue, that's been going on FOR MONTHS!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_84c24c I definitely apologize for any misunderstanding, as for the bug report that gets sent to Google or the app store you use to report the issues to our engineering team. We do currently have some known issues with IOS devices but not related at all to Android devices. I happen to use the Xfinity app and port forwarding options, and I am not able to duplicate the error following your steps exactly I am able to get to the screen that asks me to select a device to set up a forwarding on. I definitely recommend being connected to your home network when making these changes as it helps with implementation and verification of your account information as well. The Xfinity app is also updated frequently so make sure you have the most up-to-date version available along with any updates needed for the device you are using. For issues with portions of the Xfinity App not working after making sure you are connected to your home network, we recommend closing all old browser windows and clearing your browser history/cache and cookies as they can cause old pages to loop back on you. Once you have those all cleared out open the Xfinity app once again and retry. If you are still encountering issues we can try to de-provision devices from your Xfinity login to help clear anything that may be clogged preventing changes and if that is not successful we can report the issue to our app team to help make sure you get access to the application like you should. Send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

This is a horrible response. Tech support actually knows the answer. Port forwarding in the app has been broken on some mobile devices for a long time due to Xfinity app not playing well with internal browsers. 

The solution is:

Open Xfinity App

Upper right click the chat bubble 

Type in XFI 

Click on Network

Click on Open Advanced Settings

Click on Port Forwarding 

Why like 98 percent of agents don't know this and a customer has to post the solution, God only knows 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here