U

Tuesday, August 1st, 2023 6:19 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding

Does not work. When I select port forwarding it says it is not working try again later.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_83b37f! Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for assistance to set up port forwarding. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies on your device, or tried setting it up using another device? Can you walk me through the steps you're taking when setting up port forwarding on your Xfinity Gateway? We'll get to the bottom of this. 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have multiple locations and it works fine on the other two. I open the xfinity app. Select wifi,  select equipment,  select advanced, and select port forwarding.  Says it cannot read info now, try again later.  Never works. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, @user_83b37f. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity app may also help alleviate any error codes or messages you've been receiving. Another way to set port forwarding is by using the admin tool. Here is how:

1) Go to http://10.0.0.1 using a device that is connected to your network.
2) Log in to the Admin Tool:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Note: You will be prompted to change your password the first time you access. Please change the password and if required login to the admin tool with the new password.
3) Select the Advanced menu in the left pane, then click Port Forwarding.
4) Select Enable. The button will turn green.
5) Click +ADD SERVICE in the Port Forwarding box. The Add Service page will appear.
6) Select the appropriate option (FTP, AIM, HTTP, PPTP), from the Common 
Service drop-down menu.
- Selecting one of these options will automatically populate the start and end ports below the Common Service field.
- For a service not listed, select Other and type Service Name in the field.
The start and end ports will populate only if you selected one of the four Common Services.
- If not, enter the port numbers that are required for the game or service for which you want to add the port forwarding rule.
7) Select the Service Type. The Service Type is the protocol used for sending data over the Internet.
The default is TCP/UDP.
8) Click CONNECTED DEVICE to select the device on your network and populate these fields for the IPv4 Address or IPv6 Address fields.
- If the CONNECTED DEVICE button doesn't appear on the page:
Open a new browser window, follow Steps one and two from above, and go to Connected Devices > Devices.
- Click the name of the device for which you want to add the port forwarding rule under Online Devices' Host Name.
- Highlight and copy the IP address.
- Return to the previous browser window and paste the IP address.
9) Click Save.
- You have created a port forwarding rule on your home network, but before you log out of the Admin Tool, take note of your WAN IP address under Gateway > Connection > XFINITY Network menu in the left pane.
- You'll need this information to begin using the game or service.

Please let us know if you receive errors or messages when trying these steps. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried the uninstall and reinstalled and didn't work.  I tried the 10.0.0.1 route but xfinity will not allow.  Maybe because it's a xfinity modem. I think the problem is the xfinity app was not written for multiple locations.  It works on 2 locations but not 3. But can't find an xfinity person to address the problem.  Do you know a technical support phone number that works? I keep getting the run around. Ready to drop xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We can help with all things Xfinity, and save you a phone call @user_83b37f! If you prefer calling in you can always reach out to us at 1-800-COMCAST(800-266-2278). Here you can find all the methods to contact us. Are you trying to port forward the same port to multiple devices? Have you tried temporarily disabling one to see if you're able to enable the other? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 year ago

Agreed. Port Forwarding does not work consistently. I currently can't review existing port forwards at all and I have two set that have been in place for years. Trying to view or edit the port forwarding is so weak. The routers Xfinity provides are not very good and the Xfinity software is consistently buggy for Port Forwarding. This is something that should always work 💯 of the time.

4 Messages

1 year ago

Finally got to a an xfinity agent and they decided the modem was outdated and so are replacing. Thanks for your help  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Don't mention it, @user_83b37f! Thank you for the update and for letting us know. Please let us know if the swap helps.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here