U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 18th, 2023 12:41 AM

Closed

Port forwarding setup

Hi, I'm trying to alter my port forwarding settings using the xfinity app.  I go into advanced settings and select "port forwarding" but it does nothing - won't advance to the next screen. 

I am running version 4.33.0.20230502185613 of the app.

Thanks. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

Moved here to the xfinity App help section for assistance.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

@user_10604f Thank you so much for bringing this concern regarding Port Forwarding settings in the Xfinity app to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. I appreciate you providing your app version, in addition, would you be able to confirm what sort of device you are running the app on when you experience this problem? Have you already attempted to clear app data or uninstall/reinstall the app on the affected device as well? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the reply.  The device is a Pixel 3 running latest updates.

I uninstalled the Xfinity app, reinstalled, cleared cache, cleared data.  No change.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@user_10604f I appreciate you trying out these steps and providing the results so promptly. If the issue with the app persists, we'll want to have a ticket sent to our engineers to investigate if this becomes a known issue or not.

In order to gather relevant account-specific details for this, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here