U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 15th, 2023 6:14 AM

Closed

Port Forwarding Option in Xfinity App Does Not Work

Greetings.

I cannot attempt to configure port forwarding on the app because that option doesn't even open when I tap it.    It's not that the configuration doesn't work, I can tap it repeatedly, restart the phone repeatedly, reinstall he app repeatedly and the option "Port fowarding" does not open.  What am I supposed to do now?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_2e03f3, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We will be happy to help with your port forwarding concern. Has this always happened when trying to use the feature?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

this started happening to me about a week ago.  from using local wifi, or using cell data - nothing makes anything happen when I tap that button

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

piggybacking on this cause it's happening to me as well, could an employee open the app and actually test it rather than peppering useless questions? port forwarding breaks literally all the time like this. search the forums for proof. go kick the server and reboot it or whatever it is you guys have to do every few weeks. better yet put all the controls back into the modem's local settings and stop making solutions for problems that don't exist. jfc

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the exact same issue.  The port forwarding on the app doesn't work.  I have been trying to get it to work for over a month now.

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! I'm so sorry to hear that. Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Has this been resolved yet? Tapping port forwarding on the app still does not work. I need this fixed to set up our IP security cameras.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

Is anyone still having an issue with this? I just tried it on the Xfinity app, and I got as far as to the option "Add Port Forward." Is this where the issue stems, or is the step before that, when you are trying to select "Port Forwarding" from a list of other advanced settings you can do?

Here are the steps I did:

1. Open the Xfinity app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. Select the WiFi tab.
  3. Select View WiFi equipment.
  4. Select Advanced settings.
  5. Select Port forwarding from the menu.
  6. Select Add Port Forward.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

We are making some progress. Now when I tap Port Forwarding, instead of nothing happening, i now get: 'Something unexpected happened'. We can't display your details right now. Please try again or come back later. Can we get this fixed the rest of they way?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Reposting from another thread (there are a lot of these):

I have found a solution to this thanks to a Reddit post:

"Open up the xfinity app and it should bring you to the overview page. On the top right, there is a chat icon, click it. It will bring you to the chat AI assist. In the chat window, type port forward. The AI will respond the a number of prompts, select network. Then another list of prompts will load, select open advanced options. Finally, the last set of prompts will appear, where here you can select port forwarding."

After over a year of struggling with this and Comcast accepting no responsibility for fixing it and giving customers the runaround with solutions that do not work and links to pages with instructions that don't address the problem, this solution DOES work.

Important: If you click the chat button in the app and it takes you to a blank white page, make sure your default browser for Android at least is set to Chrome. This will allow the chat page to load so you can complete this process.

It is obvious that there is a problem with authentication or something in the app and that Comcast refuses to fix or acknowledge it. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Has this been resolved yet? Tapping port forwarding on the app still does not work!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here