KristiSt's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding not working

I've been running a Minecraft server for a while and it worked perfectly. When I originally set it up, I port forwarded 25565 to my IP Adress through xFi. But now the port forward is broken. It still shows up in Xfi though. My server had been running fine, and letting others (Not people on my WiFi network, people who were connecting from their own WiFI network) on fine for quite a while. (More than 1 week, which is the period dynamic IPs for my network are loaned) I've turned off advanced security, I've port forwarded using my computer's settings, I've disabled firewalls, but I still can't get it to work. One thing that I've noticed is that on xFi, it gives a reserved IP, but it is for a local area network, not for a wide area network. Has something changed that I don't know about? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @KristiSt  I am sorry it will not allow them to connect with port forwarding.  Here is a link for port forwarding but from reading your post i am sure you know all of this. 

If for some reason you still can't set up the port forwarding the way you want and it will not work with the xFi advanced security turned off then you can always try your own personal router and see if that will let you know do it.  Again we are sorry however there are no other settings for port forwarding and if you bought your own router and used bridge mode of course you would not have xFi to use. 

You could always use another router and try to use it only for your gaming needs with the server and use the Xfinity xFi Gateway for other needs.  I hope you have a great Sunday!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here